The mkiv Supra Owners Club

costs??

mathew

just read the parkers review on the supra (tt) and makes it clear that it isnt cheap to run. this is understandable with a car like this but does the same apply to the NA?? with it not having the obvious of a turbo are there any other things which you'l find on the tt and not on the NA(mechanically)??

struggling to find anything with the FAQ and search sections. i can tell you what cheap in my opinion is if people give me examples of certain costs ie servicing,various repairs etc as i have vary little knowledge of these. i want to find out as much as possible before taking the plunge and buying one to prevent the shock of a garage saying 'right thats gona cost £xxx for replacing this or that'

It is true there is less to go wrong on a NA than a TT, the TT does have the extra power but at the end of the day the NA is no slouch either. The supra engine is solidly built, there is not much you can do to an NA to give you great power gains against a TT which can be greatly modded engine wise.

Your local petrol station owner is going to put you on his Christmas card list, whether an NA or TT you will go through the juice, apart from that it would be the normal servicing costs and things like tyres.

If you crave power save up for a TT, whilst the NA is a cracking motor, there are some who wished they had waited. I have an NA and I love it, its not cheap to run but there is nothing like a Supra

Guest johnnybbad

picked up my n/a from northampton last week and seemed to be not to bad on fuel, although my previous car was a 4.0 ford explorer :)

fuel costs wont cause a major problem as i use a company vehicle everyday (only done 2500 miles over the last yr in my own car). on the performance side of things im not to bothered about it as its more the looks of the car that appeal to me (especially de-winged:cool: ) so a NA will do me just fine. will be looking at adding subtle things ie alloys and lowering. these are just my preferences so no one go having a pop at me with things such as 'supras are meant for big power etc.... as has been done in various forums in the past with me asking about speakers in a certain lightweight vauxhall 2 seater:rolleyes: !!

struggling to find anything with the FAQ and search sections. i can tell you what cheap in my opinion is if people give me examples of certain costs ie servicing,various repairs etc as i have vary little knowledge of these. i want to find out as much as possible before taking the plunge and buying one to prevent the shock of a garage saying 'right thats gona cost £xxx for replacing this or that'

I was feeling exactly the same b4 i bought my 1st soop 2 weeks ago!

no matter how good the car may seem or how good condition the car actually is in, things go wrong. If your getting a Loan to pay for the car think about gettin a bit extra to put away incase summat big happens. also have a look at gettin a vehicle inspection done b4 u by although this can be expensive.

Have a look at the carrs for sale on this website, most of these will have been very well looked after.

didn't someone post up a run down of exactly how much their car had cost them to run over a year? Digsy would have that kind of info on a spreadsheet somewhere for sure and he has a NA but he does the mechanics himself as a general rule so his figure would be parts only.

yeah thats excactly what i was thinking adam ,anything can go wrong no matter what condition the car is in. i owned an mgf for a yr and although it was cheap enough to run i almost had a heart attack when the garage gave me a quote to change the cam belt! not the easiest of jobs on that particular car! the time has come to have a change and although i was looking at a 2002 audi TT :rolleyes: i decided i wanted to go jap and the supra fitted all my criteria and surprised me when i found out i could get one for less than half of what i would have paid for the audi, so the bank account wont take as much of a hammering:)