The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bl**dy Supras !!!

Muffleman

Thing is, if you can buy a decent Supra for £6k, you're just not gonna lose much money. You buy a new Mondeo, or any other run of the mill wagon and you're gonna lose LOADS.

Yes the sensible thing is to buy a 1.5d Corsa, and I know running costs of a TT are higher, but with negligible depreciation - who cares ?

I'm just off to explain that to the 'pleasure prevention officer' :D

I actually know of a Soarer TT auto in excellent shape going for £3k, my mechanic has it - might go that route instead ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
Thing is, if you can buy a decent Supra for £6k, you're just not gonna lose much money. You buy a new Mondeo, or any other run of the mill wagon and you're gonna lose LOADS.

Yes the sensible thing is to buy a 1.5d Corsa, and I know running costs of a TT are higher, but with negligible depreciation - who cares ?

I'm just off to explain that to the 'pleasure prevention officer' :D

I actually know of a Soarer TT auto in excellent shape going for £3k, my mechanic has it - might go that route instead ;)

just go and buy a diesel man! no point in throwing away money for the laugh!

Hey no probs, just wish I could decide ! This is the Soarer I might just go for for now, £3k is a bit of a bargain as it's only got 90km on the clock genuine, plus it's very clean.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7126/soarer004small2gm.jpg

That Soarer is a bargin for 3k, id probably lean towards that. How much could you get leather seats for, or get the current ones leathered?

You must have a large garage mate. Will you be looking at selling you 2 when the trial supra comes. I'll be in the market for one soon.

You must have a large garage mate. Will you be looking at selling you 2 when the trial supra comes. I'll be in the market for one soon.

It's currently away having a different ECU, uprated IC, Walbro and a couple of other bits. I SHOULD sell it once I get the Supra, but it's been a 5 year project and is worth far more to me than I could ever get for it - the cry of the modifier eh ;)

I may well sell, and I'll let you know first mate :thumbs: Keen to see what it makes on the rollers when it gets back, be a little disappointed if we don't get the 400bhp at the flywheel I'm aiming for. But I'm not doing any more mods to the MR2, think I've gone as far as I want to.

400bhp would be a figure to be proud of in the 2.

Have you ever won the lottery?

Fraid not, just built the MR2 over the last five years. Plus no big holidays, no smoking, not much going out etc etc.

If i get to 400bhp, it'll be plenty of fun in a car that weighs circa. 1200kgs :cool: