The mkiv Supra Owners Club

some advice on my clutch slip

DAVEBOY

have a skyline with some good mods just had a new clucth fitted upgrade one it slips now and then how can that be its had a new pedal clutch could it be the adjustment on the pedal or does it need bleeding or something else.It pulls like a train from standing start,And when i am in top 3000rpm moving on to 5000rpm if i put my foot down quick it will slip a little if i do the same but slow then its ok maybe it spins the tyres up a little i dont no i am serching 4 some answers thats all sorry for the long thread just saying how it is thanks

hmm... might wanna bring it round sometime mate.

I've had a couple different clutches on my own R33 and also been thru a few skylines with different clutches installed.

If its completely brand new, then they need a few miles to bed in, but if it continues to slip, then maybe the pressure plate is not strong enough, or the plate material is incorrect.

Had a similar issue with a new clutch on my Supra. Do you know if the pressure plate is reground? (Most clutches will come with a new PP). The pressure plate on mine was a reground one so the pedal needed more throw to engage the clutch properly. It took over 500 miles for it to bed in, though the flywheel was not in the best of conditions. Take it easy until you've got a few hundred miles of driving, then see if it still slips.