The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dual Dragger

Phil Wall

sounds a bit like the SD, pretty much a straight through exhaust like the SD. Looks a little strange hanging out the back of a mkiv as it doesnt sit quite right in the exhaust cut out in the bumper.

I will see if I can find some pictures.

JB

It might look okay if the bumper didnt have the cut-out for the stock exhaust. Just after where the twin pipes split is where it meets the bumper, so it looks a little squashed in.

I used to hate huge tailpipes on cars, but on the Supra a 5" tailpipe looks good.

Thanks again.

I am convinced.

I'll stick to a single big pipe.

Just had an offer on a Dual at a good price but wanted to check out looks etc.

It's not for me!

I understand the Hyper is lightest of the HKS pipes, so will go for that one!

I remember talking to someone from HKS in  Kimbolton about the Dual Dragger, when I first purchased my car. They were developing the pipe as they felt there was a demand for a sport twin pipe. I can't remember if there were where going to be any ohter differences other than  cosmetic.

Ohhhwhooooaaaaaaarumpfh, yes!:biggrin:

After much careful consideration, a decision about which exhaust system to get for the car has been made.

Picked up a HKS Hiper Muffler this afternoon. An hour and a half later the old stock system was off and the new Hiper fitted.

Looks the dogs tackle! Lovely angle to the back of the car. After admiring it for awhile, turned on the engine with eager anticipation.

Was I disappointed? --- NO WAY! :biggrin:

That tick over is awesome, not too noisy, but helps the car sound like a real super car. Blip the throttle and you could hear the horses eager to get out.

A quick check for gas leaks once the system was warm, confirmed that all the gaskets were tight. Off the axle stands and out onto the road.

Beautiful deep warble at slow speeds, blip the throttle and it barks authoritatively. Once on the open road the full orchestra started to play, a true symphony. The needles on the dials were swinging rapidly in a clockwise direction.

Thanks to all who persuaded me that the Hiper is not too loud, you were right, it is bloody fantastic, pick up is not bad either.

Off to Leon’s soon for some better plugs, and then to take one of those cats out and make some more music.:cool: