The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick question on boost gauges...

nismo_lp

Those GReddy gauges do not need a central controller, most don't and include everything needed to fit.

Mechanical Gauges

These are cheaper and have a tube coming from the engine bay to the gauge.

Electronic Gauges

These are more expenive, they have an sensor in the engine bay that is connected to one of the vacuum hoses, a wire sends signal to gauge. Main benefit of the electronic gauges is that they usually include peak hold, warning and other features.

Both gauges will give similar accuracy.

Cheers nick ... ur a legend! Electrical is a bit harder to fit then?

Yes a little more complex, but if you can fit a mechanical gauge you should be able to fit an electronic gauge, just a few more parts/wires to fit.

Guys,

Will only a 52mm gauge fit where the clock is on the Supra dash or can you drop in the 60mm one in the same hole ?

I noticed that most of the electrcial gauges with peak/hold are 60mm....

Thanks !

Looking at your signature, you have a pre-facelift car, so Im pretty sure only a 52mm will fit in the clock hole. My facelift car will only fit a 60mm gauge there as the clock is bigger on the facelift cars...

You could always stick a 60mm gauge in the air vent hole though if thats any use?? I think a lot of guys have done this with success....

Nick

Hey no problem mate.

Actually, if you are after a 52 mm mechnical gauge I have one you could have off me for £30. Its a spitfire jobby, with white face and silver chrome ring around the edge. I actually bought it off a member here but realised it was too small for my clock (hence the note I put in about facelift clocks using 60mm!! - doh)...