The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Proper dumb ass question...

SuperSupra

I've never had a car fast enough to have to worry about having a spoiler on the wiper blades (before the Supra obviously), so never bothered, but now I've come to changing them, it suddenly dawned on me - does the wiper fix with the spoiler facing up, or down? :shrug:

Guest Flat4_ire
I've never had a car fast enough to have to worry about having a spoiler on the wiper blades (before the Supra obviously), so never bothered, but now I've come to changing them, it suddenly dawned on me - does the wiper fix with the spoiler facing up, or down? :shrug:

ehh what?

I think facing down from your description?

The air needs to ride over it and flatten it to the screen at speed.

Cool, cheers matey. Do most people not have the spoiler on the wiper then? I've noticed that at high speeds (70+) the wipers are virtually useless.

Guest Flat4_ire
A little plastic strip on the blade that stops the wiper lifting from the windscreen at high speeds. :)

ah ok then, didnt know what u were on about there

Guest Flat4_ire
And at 150+ (300+ leptons) the wipers are about 1" above the screen.... but so's the rain at that speed ;)

lol ur an eegit man, if ya were gonna say anything about the speed there ya shuda really said 150+ (75+mph) ;)

Its actually ABOVE. Dont be tempted into viewing it like a front spoiler of a car. If you put it at the front, air will just rush under it at high speed and lift the wiper up. If its at the back, it acts like a rear upsidedown diffuser.

Get PIA wiper blades.. you prep the windscreen, take out all the washer fluid and replace with 100% water (No Soap stuff) then turn wipers on fast for 5 mins with the screen dry, which coats the windscreen with slicon i believe.. Then the wipers are AMAZING, honestly. you can drive at 100+ without the wipers on and the water hits the screen, beads instantly and goes... honestly they are great but a bit pricey, Paid 60 bucks for the 3 on my Soop.. Youll only ever put them on the first speed..