The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler or not to spoiler

Guest purkin69

Guest purkin69

Has anyone removed the rear wing from the soop?

I'm really interested to see what it looks like without one and find out about any problems you may have discovered along the way.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rlol: veilside

Stock ones nice, TRD is the nicest tho ! :D

not at all, besides the only car that i have seen that is not meant to have a veilside on it was a ford cougar, but when you have mondeo's, vetra's, astra's, alfa's all having a go at it, then nah its been ruined, it does suit the supra but its just not for me

Guest purkin69

OK

I've read through loads of threads and as far as performance is concerned removing the rear wing obviously lightens the arse but performance actually sounds improved and perhaps more fun? The only major problem is that Toyota designed it to add considerable down force when the car reaches its natural top speed... 180... so the major problem would be cornering at over 130?

Due to the fact that I'm not planning on spending too much time at her majesty’s pleasure or indeed in A&E it seems that this is more of an aesthetics issue.

Personally I think that despite it being original design, the big wing detracts from the Soop’s classic shape, so I think I will be taking it off - The golden rule seems to be to get a decent body kit and some large wheels to pull it off properly.

Guess I just don't want it looking like something out of fast and the furious...

and gaff tape the holes up

see, that's my problem with removing it... I don't want my boot to start leaking with the holes it will no doubt leave..?! isn't there some handy colour coded gromits in there to help with the job....?

I know there are many debates about this, but I do like the lines without the wing - if Aston and Ferrari can do without wings (and they do have similar lines) why cant we sort out the aerodynamics to make the supe good without the wing?