The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Samco hoses

francesca

I am about to change my knackered Blitz dump valve for a shiny new Blitz dump valve - problem is the new one is fitted to the opposite side of the engine to my present one (I think where HKS one goes, in place of original). Old type came with a piece of metal pipe with a section welded in to fit valve to, which will be obsolete & will at worst have to be blanked. Don't want to do that as will look a B. mess, so would like to fit Samco hose instead.

Does anyone know what I need to order, size, type etc, does it have to be the HP turbo hose?

I believe there is a full replacement hose kit but may not be able to afF*rd

all at once.

Not lurking under your shop counter is it JB?

I could speak to Demon Tweeks but suspect you lot may know more about it!

BTW, does anyone have English instructions for fitting the valve, my Japanese is limited to hello, goodbye, bullet train & a couple of swear words - apart from the latter probably not a lot of use...

Fran,

You really need a Stainless Steel Hard Pipe in that area see if any of the guys/girls are putting in a new Front Mounted InterCooler and they will probably give you the original pipe as I believe the FMIC kit will replace that one. Other wise could you not get someone to take off the old dump valve and seal the hold with a peice of circular metal (welded in place!)

I don't know if it wise to put a Samco synthetic large bore hose are advisable to use.

Laters

There was a car at JAPS - the gold Dragon motorsport one - that had blue (I presume samco) hoses, I took a pic of the engine & that pipe is definitely replaced with a non-metal one. I'm sure there is someone else on the list that has replaced hoses as well, but can't remember where I saw it.

I thought it would have to be hard pipe too, but seems not.

Perhaps speak to Dragon if no-one here knows what they are.

Francesca...............

Your existing Blitz dump valve, is it fitted to the intake elbow just before the throttle body? Sort of inbetween the intake pipe and the battery?  

If so, ideally, that is where you need to fit the new one. Please do not try to fit the new dump valve where the HKS one goes. It's bleeding hot in that region... yes, I know there are pundits who will say, "But that's where Toyota put it," but it's a daft place, believe me.

What I can do for you is to simply weld a new flange onto your existing pipe so you can mount your new dump valve in the same place.

Yours,

J  

That's where the current one is,yes. Only difference between old & new version is that it doen't quite fit the same mounting holes - I assumed when I ordered it the fitting kit would include this piece of pipe as well.

I did kind of wonder why it had been moved from what seemed to be a perfectly sensible place to a lot less logical one -

even though as you say, the Toyota one is there.

The existing piece of pipe is a very gash job, it has a scruffy piece of rubber hose joining it to the throttle body which is starting to perish anyway.

I'm quite happy to keep it if it can be made to work & look OK.

Very grateful for the offer, how could we work the logistics of getting it to you?

I've no doubt got a piece of silicon intake hose that you can use to replace the perished one. Do you have a digicam? If so, could you please email me some pics so I can be sure I'm advising you correctly. Also, where in the UK are you?

Yours,

J

I don't have a digicam, I think we are talking about the same thing - the intake pipe that fits on to the throttle body then curves down beside the battery; the one I have has a small pipe sticking out on the battery side with a flange to sit the dump valve on. Problem with the new one is it is wider & won't fit in the space allowed between it & the main pipe. I think the fitting holes are slightly wider too.

I am just north of Peterborough.

Just down the road really! I would be most grateful :cheesy: - I'll e-mail you for directions & to sort out a mutually convenient day. If I can't make it before will probably be down for Boxhill (day before?) so may be able to do it then.

Phil - thanks for that (posts crossed!) would be helpful. Not likely to be able to go much sooner due to studying & next weekend of theatre & motor-racing...tests & JAE weekend after that..! I'll contact you to sort something out.

I think the Boxhill meet is in the afternoon about 2 or 3pm. If you can get to me by, say, 10.30am that should leave plenty of time to sort the BOV. Boxhill is only about 30 mins. drive from me.  

Yours,

J