The mkiv Supra Owners Club

santa pod sunday 20th

lambertpig

any one doing the santa pod rwyb on sun the 20th. im hoping to debut my uk bpu then. wondering if any other members going. will be the first time i have dragged a car but used to be pretty fast on the big bore suzukis so im hoping for a 13 /110 with my spec

any one doing the santa pod rwyb on sun the 20th. im hoping to debut my uk bpu then. wondering if any other members going. will be the first time i have dragged a car but used to be pretty fast on the big bore suzukis so im hoping for a 13 /110 with my spec

Hi,

Hopefully I will be going to this. I havent dragged before but I would like to set myself a benchmark before I start to modify the car. Its an N/A so im not banking on setting any blistering times but it should be fun all the same.

Mark

hi mark . hope to see you there. the pod is always worth the trip, great atmosphere

Hi Lambert,

I went about a month ago to watch my brother in his Skyline and it was a great day out. Hopefully I will make it but the scraping noise from my passenger rear came back last night :( , I will be having it checked out tonight. Fingers crossed it is nothing serious and with any luck it will be ok for the weekend.

If I dont make it, have a good time all.

Mark

Good luck mate. I'll bet money on a 13.6 maybe 13.5 :D Talkign about it todaay so possible may be there myself but not in my car :(

my best (in my Jap spec) BPU is 13.1 @111 mph but i average 13.4@110. so aim for that.

It really depends on the weather, wind speed and track conditions. If they are all in your favour then theres no reason why you shouldn't get into the 12s with a good launch.. say low 2sec 0-60 foot.

whatever you get you'll love it.

good luck.

I'll be there either Saturday (test & tune) or Sunday, depending on whether my bike is ready. Just picked up a new head for my gsxr, so need to make sure it's running right before the main event at Pod next weekend.

What times were you running on the suzuki?

my best (in my Jap spec) BPU is 13.1 @111 mph but i average 13.4@110. so aim for that.

It really depends on the weather, wind speed and track conditions. If they are all in your favour then theres no reason why you shouldn't get into the 12s with a good launch.. say low 2sec 0-60 foot.

whatever you get you'll love it.

good luck.

Would RLTC w/launch control knock much off those times do you think?

I was half thinking that with full BPU and RLTC w/launch control you could see high 12s (the odd time)?

Anyone?

i've heard of people turning off their RLTC so dunno. ? but you'd think so wouldn't ya.

The best improvement for launching is to use drag radials. Speak to Monkeymark as he (i believe from memory) got a 1.7 sec 0-60 foot with drag radials on. Compared to an average 2.2 sec thats knocking of 1/2 a second, so should easily get you into the 12s if not mid 12s !

I'll be there either Saturday (test & tune) or Sunday, depending on whether my bike is ready. Just picked up a new head for my gsxr, so need to make sure it's running right before the main event at Pod next weekend.

What times were you running on the suzuki?[/quote

hi, ive dragged 3 big suzukis and my best time relative for the bike was 10.12 at 134 on a 1983(y) unfaired gsx1100 (1260 full built pip higham motor). only wish id have dipped into the nines on what looked like a granny of bikes

What times were you running on the suzuki?[/quote

hi, ive dragged 3 big suzukis and my best time relative for the bike was 10.12 at 134 on a 1983(y) unfaired gsx1100 (1260 full built pip higham motor). only wish id have dipped into the nines on what looked like a granny of bikes

My Dad has a turbo charged gsx1100 (1260), they look a bit old but make a good drag bike.

10.12 isn't bad going! Did the gsx have an extended swing arm? My best time on the GSXR (1216) is 9.70 @ 137, but the new head should bring that down a bit.

standard gsxr swingarm i used to ride 270 miles round trip on the day. i have had a gsxr 750 with 1127 motor bored to 1216 but never dragged it.great road tool but felt like it would flip at a touch of throttle. see if i can scan some old photos up to post