Guest EncoreWRC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plugs?

If it's a J Car he'll need a restrictor plate anmd won't need a boost controller.

ok in english as i have a jspec and thought i woudl need a boost controller, is restrictor plate just a restritor ring? which will prevent it going over 1.2 bar thus meaning i will have no need for a boost controller? or have i got it all wrong?

ok in english as i have a jspec and thought i woudl need a boost controller, is restrictor plate just a restritor ring? which will prevent it going over 1.2 bar thus meaning i will have no need for a boost controller? or have i got it all wrong?

You will need a restrictor ring, but will not need a boost controller. Vice-versa for a UK spec.

Guest EncoreWRC

Well I have a J spec Manual with uprated Plugs and leads, HKS high flow induction and HKS 4" exhaust and uprated fuel pump on the way.

De cat and fuel defencer is on the shopping list and I need advice on the boost controller please?

Yeah, same thing. It's a plate with a hole in it. It's not a ring as such although everyone calls them a restrictor ring. Either term is fine

cool mate cheers, at least knowing that i dont need a boost controller will save a couple of hundred

since i have a kakimoto cat back all i need then is 1st decat, PLUGS, fuel pump, and FCD, restrictor ring

Well I have a J spec Manual with uprated Plugs and leads, HKS high flow induction and HKS 4" exhaust and uprated fuel pump on the way.

De cat and fuel defencer is on the shopping list and I need advice on the boost controller please?

What do you mean HKS leads? TT's don't have coild packs.

J-specs don't need a boost controller, there's hundreds of posts here explaining how to decat :search:

cool mate cheers, at least knowing that i dont need a boost controller will save a couple of hundred

since i have a kakimoto cat back all i need then is 1st decat, PLUGS, fuel pump, and FCD, restrictor ring

Yep, and ideally a 2nd decat pipe. Boost gauge would be a good idea to keep an eye on boost levels. Without it you won't have much of an idea on what boost you're hitting.