The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT time - decatted TT

Stonkin

leave your car in the garage while you get whatever is required for it to pass!!! Are they having a laugh!!

So unless i get a cat put back in the centre first, it really is pot luck if it will pass or not, and if it fails i cant then drive the car away to get one fitted.

Someone must know somewhere?

Or can anyone lend me a cat? Happy to help you out in someway...

yeah its possible Locky. Is there any way of helping Supra's to pass?

For example when i had a fully decated Scooby, it failed the test miserably. But i had been pre told to take the car for a very fast drive and get the exhaust very hot. So i took the car off the tester for 5 mins or so and went for a spin, when i came back it had completely 0 emmisions! The guy could not believe it!

Based on my experience this last week on the new computerised system.

No cats = failure (part of emission system is missing)

They type in the model type JZA80

type in the engine code 2JZ-GTE

And guess what pops out, UK spec details. Car requires a cat.

So you will need a cat unless you can find a centre still using the paper based system.

And as I said, this is based on what happended to me last week (getting cat fitted this week) so it is not a legal statement or that of the law, just my understanding of why it failed. Plus it failed on CO as well but even if that had been in spec it would have been failed for no cat.