The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sad news

lockys96

A 24-year-old man has died after a car he was driving overturned while being followed by a police patrol car.

The driver was travelling in a high-powered red Toyota Supra when it overturned in Tollbar Way, Hedge End, Hampshire, on Sunday night

i think the car was red

hope it wasnt someone off here

either way very sad news guys,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope no innocent party was involved, I am sorry to say I have to read this as someone was up to no good and had an accident trying avoid arrest. If I am being followed by a patrol car I am not in the habit of trying to test the ultimate handling of the car I am in, it makes more sense to drive as if you were taking your test....

if he was being followed and overturned he must have been going at a fair speed for to achieve that, even if he was trying to avoid arrest still no need for lose of life

A Supra is a sturdy car, but lamposts aren't made of rubber either. :(

if he was being followed and overturned he must have been going at a fair speed for to achieve that, even if he was trying to avoid arrest still no need for lose of life

Not really true, it depends what you hit ? I was follwing a Celica one morning, my speed was no more than 33 mph, he managed to lose it, hit some banking and flipped the thing right over, not what you need infront of you driving home after a 12 hr night shift :shock:

How long will it be before an age limit is put on what power of car you can drive in compared to your driveng experience ???

Not saying this in the case of a 24 year old driver but think it is scary that a 17 year could pass his test and get behind the wheel of a Supra

I've just re-read that article and you know what really stands out & annoys me?

"a high-powered red Toyota Supra"

Straightaway it makes me think, "oh, he must have been ragging it because it's a high powered car" which might / might not have been the case, but it still springs to my mind.

I'd like to know more ie was it a marked patrol car, with their lights on for instance, or was it one of the unmarked Skodas or whatever that go right up behind you most of the time if you're keeping to the limit, seemingly to try and get you to go faster.

On the other hand, isn't Tollbar Way that road with all the roundabouts by PC World, McDs etc? There is a lot of meets / races down that road.

I'll be following this with interest in the local paper...

RIP

How long will it be before an age limit is put on what power of car you can drive in compared to your driveng experience ???

Not saying this in the case of a 24 year old driver but think it is scary that a 17 year could pass his test and get behind the wheel of a Supra

I know a lad who'se first car was a Tuscan, and another chap who at 18 regularly drove his dad's RUF R turbo, RUF Yellowbird and his E60M5. The lad ownes a 318Ti.

I've just re-read that article and you know what really stands out & annoys me?

"a high-powered red Toyota Supra"

Straightaway it makes me think, "oh, he must have been ragging it because it's a high powered car" which might / might not have been the case, but it still springs to my mind.

I'd like to know more ie was it a marked patrol car, with their lights on for instance, or was it one of the unmarked Skodas or whatever that go right up behind you most of the time if you're keeping to the limit, seemingly to try and get you to go faster.

On the other hand, isn't Tollbar Way that road with all the roundabouts by PC World, McDs etc? There is a lot of meets / races down that road.

I'll be following this with interest in the local paper...

RIP

It's sensationalism. The do it with dogs too. A Staffy is 'powerful' when repoted in the media, but it has a fraction of the strength of a Great Dane...

Its sad, an like some have said, unless you hit somthing, its gotta be hard to roll a soop, even if your really gunning it. Maybe it'll change one day that you cant drive a powerfull car straight after passing your test at seventeen. Somthing like they do with bikes perhaps ?. Speed dont kill, its how an where you do the speed that makes the differance.

Not really true, it depends what you hit ? I was follwing a Celica one morning, my speed was no more than 33 mph, he managed to lose it, hit some banking and flipped the thing right over,

fair enough if it was a banking but if on a straight road or just banging into something then the supra is a heavy car and it would take a lot to shift it, at least on a banking you have something to flip you over,

still not nice3 regardless of how he lost his life