The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotops

Syed Shah

the aerotop is wobbly at the best of times and only really handles properly with the roof in. Most Aero owners take the roof out probably 10 times a year at the most...

hardly seems worth it, but as with anything, it can be done but the costs would be huge.

JB

Quote: from branners on 10:20 am on July 26, 2001[br]the aerotop is wobbly at the best of times and only really handles properly with the roof in. Most Aero owners take the roof out probably 10 times a year at the most...

JB

Well maybe a little more but basically you're right.

When I've got the top off and it's baking hot, I'm king of the road but when it's overcast, dry and I'm on a fast GATSO-free road, I regret the removable top.

I really ought to drive with the roof off all the time, it slows me down considerably.

The technology to perform such a task is readily available. Problem is, it would cost probably double what it would cost to simply trade yours in for the removable roof version.

I did think once of creating some kind of T-roof like the Trans-Am I had in the 80's and my current MR2. But it's a *lot* of work that doesn't really make the car faster so I dropped the idea.

Yours,

J

• 2 weeks later...