The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1/4 time on my T61

Pig

Well its didnt go very well. The lag was massive! Only managed to get 2 runs in. Was only running 1.15 bar, had a slow start 0.7 secs reaction and did it in 13.84! Was not best pleased. Couldnt do a good start though as i cant get the wheels spinning with power breaking due to the lag?!?!

Looks like high stall and a 50bhp shot of nitrous to get it going!!

What are other people running with there T61's??

About 500-600 quid for a high-stall, plus fitting of course.

Do you need one though? Is it worth it just for drag racing?

The stock torque converter won't let you rev past 2k when stationary and in gear.(on mine anyway)

I presume a t61 won't be making positve boost by 2000rpm? So you're bound to be slow away.

its too late now but if you think a 61 is laggy, is a single for you? is it tuned right?(i know its just been done). i have a 71 on at the moment and a 3 litre car without the turbo is very fast , but when that turbo does come on line, HOLY SHIT. i drive all the time under 4k rpm and feel its fast.(4k is when my turbo comes on line)

lol, im boosting at 4 k too! I do love it, would like it to be a bit quicker off the mark though!

Def. power braking! I am wondering if the power braking fucked it up a bit, practice could help i think, however, i dont want to do do anymore power braking as getting all the fluid changed on wednesday!

Dont know what the terminal was!

lol, im boosting at 4 k too! I do love it, would like it to be a bit quicker off the mark though!

Def. power braking! I am wondering if the power braking fucked it up a bit, practice could help i think, however, i dont want to do do anymore power braking as getting all the fluid changed on wednesday!

Dont know what the terminal was!

surely a 61 should be boosting before 4k, possibly on full boost by then???

sorry, thats what i mean. Full boost at 4k!

Forgot to get the slip. Just had mates telling me the times!

As far as i was aware i didnt get any/much wheel spin, i had the RLTC set on 20% and it didnt kick in!

sorry, thats what i mean. Full boost at 4k!

Forgot to get the slip. Just had mates telling me the times!

As far as i was aware i didnt get any/much wheel spin, i had the RLTC set on 20% and it didnt kick in!

if you didnt get any spin, i'd be looking at the mapping. i spin in 4 gears. i know its a bigger turbo but there is definitley something not right with your set up