The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball Cleaning

psymon

Ok guys, shoot me if you must.

I've got a 5 hour drive from Plymouth to Ashford on the Friday. The weather is now warmer and the bastard flies are everywhere. Now am i the only one thinking, will need to clean it prior to Saturday. If so I'll get me coat.

Was thinking of wrapping the front in some film , I can get at work.

Or take some sort of cleaning kit.

My cars white and goin to look buzzin if its not clean

Anyone else on the same wave length, if so what you taking.

Cheers

Si

go an hour earlier....... then look like an arse for a good 45 minutes franticly cleaning it................this is what i would do. theres no excuse for a filthy car on a dry day.

before now i have gone in to work later and waited for roads to dry, drove at no more than 40 to stop the fly problem, washed it when i got there and best of all........... stay at home and make out your ill.... then clean it some more

Ok guys, shoot me if you must.

I've got a 5 hour drive from Plymouth to Ashford on the Friday. The weather is now warmer and the bastard flies are everywhere. Now am i the only one thinking, will need to clean it prior to Saturday. If so I'll get me coat.

Was thinking of wrapping the front in some film , I can get at work.

Or take some sort of cleaning kit.

My cars white and goin to look buzzin if its not clean

Anyone else on the same wave length, if so what you taking.

Cheers

Si

do NOT repeat do not wrap any clingy plastic to the paint, i did and it stripped the polish off and was left with matt areas which needed t cutting then polishing to make better.

If you want the best finish on the day use this:

http://www.go-waterless.co.uk/ultra-ion-reviews.asp

I use both this and Meguiars Quick Detailer and the Ultra-Ion is a much better finish and removes insects a lot easier...You can also use it in direct sunlight, which may be a factor on the day...

Also you can do all the glass, wheels with the same cloths (but do the wheels and lower sills last....:))....

And I am finding my car is staying cleaner, as they claim...:):)

I've got that Ultra ION stuff and can't stand it. Certainly doesn't play well with water if you happen to have missed a bit.

Works of on the kitcar, but proper wash and polish is far superior.

Their claims to wash a car without water (which I'm sure you don't do) are ludicrous, think of all the grit.

I'm planning on not washing the car at all. If I'm doing a few hundred miles from the Midlands it'll look like crap anyway regardless of how much I clean it.

See your point.

But I have driven to France a couple times at this time of year, and the bugs are everywhere. I was in my Sti and when I came back after 1500 mile trips I had to hoover out the intercooler, fog lights etc.... It took me a good week to get it back to the std Im used too.

So, if I can give her a quick once over in before we hit the Train, this saves me time and effort when i get back, plus My paint work will be 2 days old

I am also a great believer of driving a car and not wrapping it in cotton wool.

Their claims to wash a car without water (which I'm sure you don't do) are ludicrous, think of all the grit.

As an ex valeter (from years back).....

Ultra Ion works fine if you simply follow their instructions.

I haven't put water on my car for 5-6 weeks now and it looks fine. The paint hasn't been scratched (I was a skeptic too) and the finish is swirl free...

It works as they say it does..(and I've got a black car)..

Sorry to sound dumb here, but what's the point of going to the time and expense of cleaning and valeting a car that you are then going to drive hundreds of miles collecting flies and other shit? :blink:

because we'll be on video:D

Sorry to sound dumb here, but what's the point of going to the time and expense of cleaning and valeting a car that you are then going to drive hundreds of miles collecting flies and other shit? :blink:

Says the man whose car is usually so clean you can eat your dinner off it!!!:D

Says the man whose car is usually so clean you can eat your dinner off it!!!:D

I have a cunning plan - lull everyone else into thinking that a shitty looking car is OK and then clean mine so as to walk away with the cup's :D