The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how pissed am i?

LeeT

let the mrs drive back from newbury on friday and said to her ' slow as possible over speed hump' . next thing a big crunch. ' sorry thats as slow as i could go' have a quick look. all looks OK. had another look this morning and both front wings have buckled. they are literally sticking out 10mm on the panel gap between door and front wings. Looks absolutely awful. im stuck with this now untill after the french trip:(

Don't worry we won't point and stare at it

yeh but people that know me, im a perfectionist. This fu*KING SUCKS. I need 2 new wings:( although it sort of looks like aftermarket wider wings???

i may just get away with it

Guest Flat4_ire
let the mrs drive back from newbury on friday and said to her ' slow as possible over speed hump' . next thing a big crunch. ' sorry thats as slow as i could go' have a quick look. all looks OK. had another look this morning and both front wings have buckled. they are literally sticking out 10mm on the panel gap between door and front wings. Looks absolutely awful. im stuck with this now untill after the french trip:(

man you really shud know better, i wouldnt let a woman drive my pride and joy, simple as

Guest Flat4_ire
thought you didnt have a car at the moment? doesnt that make your pride and joy your... :limp:

:innocent:

actually i have a 92 honda prelude and i have this coming in from japan as we speak, rather mint car so eh yeah :p and i have a ninja 750 comin up too

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/corcorantonyire/ShowLetter1.jpg[/img]

Guest Flat4_ire
hey thats nice :) how long before you have a supercharger on it? ;)

nah i wont be pumpin money into her, she has a few nice bits, il just sell her on, gorgeous clean car tho, kinda bling bling

Guest Flat4_ire
Lee, sorry for the hijack btw!

Any pics of the front Tony? Just needs rims and that would be sorted!

yeah i have one, hold on, sorry for the hi jack, this wont take long! lol

Guest Flat4_ire

here u go, she is grade 4 with 51k miles on the clock, has exhaust and nice kit and a few other bits, 1999 6speed manual 210bhp yamaha beams engine 2 litre n/a vvti, u can see she also has nice fibreglass bonnet with pins

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/corcorantonyire/ShowLetterfront.jpg[/img]

no worries on the hi jack. with the overfenders the skirts are so much lower so obviously one sharp knock upwards fucks things right up. i'll worry about it after france now :( . luckily i hadnt had the overfenders blended in properly

what actually hit the floor to buckel both wings????
s

nothing hit the floor. the lower edges of the sideshirts/overfenders hit the speed hump. as the overfenders are bolted to the wings it pushed them upwards. to be honest it doesnt look that bad, sure people are going to notice but there are no crease's or dents etc

jesus, how can you buckle both wings and not damage the front?

first time shes tackled the hks twin plate. i say take it easy, the front goes over fine then she lets the wheels roll over the top too fast and 'crack' an almighty sound. apparently that was as slow as she could manage:( i went over it first with no problems at all. facking women:(