The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Seal update.

Tricky-Ricky

Hoping to get the new seal through today so i finally got around to taking the old one out, and it did not come out easy, the spring was sitting at the back of it, and unfortunately the recommended removal technique requires cutting around the soft part which effectively removes the seal part so you can't really tell the condition! i also ended up removing it a different way as it didn't want to come out, and i was afraid to persue it with a taped up screwdriver also recommended! anyway once out it was not obvious why it had failed, but i did find some very fine scratches on the crank surface which had obviously been caused by a previous attempt:rolleyes: to remove the seal! weather this had caused the demise of the seal i can only guess, but it does look like the seal has smoothed out the scratches, so providing the new seal goes back in exactly the same place it should be ok (where's the fingers crossed smiley) anyway here are a couple of pics, i am wondering if it would be worth dressing up the scratched area with some 1500 or 2000 wet and dry and engine builders care to comment? i have done this on bike engines and got away with it before now!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pbfc2696a92e1ba353281f8324f51fbc2/ef098d70.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p4df6ce85890f94c7f59a44f35f03d9db/ef098d30.jpg

Well got it all back together today, dressed the crank a bit with some 1500 paper, the seal went in a little farther than i planed, but all seems ok been for a short drive, the oil pressure still seems high, even with 5w30, didn't push it yet, no more than 5K and .5 boost, still need to find out why the second turbo doesn't seem to come in, and i still have an error code 24 on my emanage despite rechecking the injector wiring.