The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kinda fed-up with owning a Supra.

RedM

It's just too damn stressful and expensive. Something ALWAYS needs doing unless you can afford to get it all done at once. She looks her age but I can't afford to pretty her up. There is always a niggling doubt that XXX problem that you were told isn't a problem actually is. Can't drive too fast because of the law. Can't leave her anywhere because of idiots. She goes through petrol too quickly. I'm going to go broke looking after her, I'm sure of it.

I just can't bring myself to sell her.:(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go kill a scooby or two .. you'll feel much better

If I felt she was running 100% I would. Although some Audi beast tried it on all geezer and rude off a roundabout this morning. Pulled level at some leptons and let off the loud pedal right next to him. Thankfully (for an auto) she made the best psssh noise EVER right in his open window.

But, apart from that I actually don't feel in love with her at the moment.

Yeah, I'm sure the extra insurance, tax, mot, servicing, petrol etc etc would represent a huge saving! No garage and I'm not paying out for one either.

I don't earn a lot and owning a Supra is both a dream realised and a labour of love.

It's just too damn stressful and expensive. Something ALWAYS needs doing unless you can afford to get it all done at once. She looks her age but I can't afford to pretty her up. There is always a niggling doubt that XXX problem that you were told isn't a problem actually is. Can't drive too fast because of the law. Can't leave her anywhere because of idiots. She goes through petrol too quickly. I'm going to go broke looking after her, I'm sure of it.

how about a nice 200sx or mr2-T

No garage and I'm not paying out for one either.

FYI:- I rent a garage from the company that bought all the council garages around Oxfordshire. It costs me £5.60 a week. Although prices are due to go up quite considerably, to £6.10 a week. I'm wondering where I'll find the extra mone... oh I just found it. ;)

FYI:- I rent a garage from the company that bought all the council garages around Oxfordshire. It costs me £5.60 a week. Although prices are due to go up quite considerably, to £6.10 a week. I'm wondering where I'll find the extra mone... oh I just found it. ;)

:rlol:

I completly understand where your coming from, but you have to expect things to go wrong on a car of this age, I too dont have a lot of money and don't earn a great deal and whould really like to pretty her up but isn't she pretty as is? I save up and have just bought new suspension for her, I would really like a bodykit but its the important thigs first. As for petrol sureley you did your homework before you bought the Supe!

Love the car as it is and keep her

Hate to be a harbinger of doom, but with general legislation, averaging speed cameras and increasing petrol prices, I think time is running out in general for having fun with low cost performance cars. :sos:

I plan to keep running mine while I still can........

I completly understand where your coming from, but you have to expect things to go wrong on a car of this age, I too dont have a lot of money and don't earn a great deal and whould really like to pretty her up but isn't she pretty as is? I save up and have just bought new suspension for her, I would really like a bodykit but its the important thigs first. As for petrol sureley you did your homework before you bought the Supe!

Love the car as it is and keep her

Oh how I'd love to have enough money to actually save an apreciable amount each month.

As for petrol, the first time I filled her up it cost 90.9p per litre now it's what, 103.9! You just don't allow for that kind of increase over nine months and most of it has come on recently.