The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Essex Local Retrim Deal

DamanC

Guys/gals,

Ive been speaking with Pete at Nippon Auto who does some very nice retrims as per this thread.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3769/dsc004104kd.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5769/dsc004122aj.jpg

Right these are his quotes (this is based on an exchange basis)

set of retrimmed seats supplied on exchange basis £495 (this is for fronts and rear)

Logos £15 (total 2 fronts) £25 (total 4 front and rear)

Delivery £10 per 50 miles (note: round trip i.e. 200 miles to and from destination =400 miles cost £80)

Now, the delivery has been stated that it would be £275 if it was just one of us going in for this, However I have arranged a kind of 'group buy' with him, where if we can drum up 3 members (myself being one of them) the delivery is approximately only £120 each :)

When i say delivery i mean he actually comes down (from scotland) to us and fits them for us (i will have to confirm that he fits them, but im sure he does. Failing that im sure we can all clump together and have a seat fitting session. Either way, they are hand delivered by Pete himself)

so for a set of front and rear seats with logos on the front delivered and fitted your looking at a mear £620

Obviously we are going to need a location to make the swap, preliminary it will be in the colchester area but as we get parties put their names down then this location can be changed so that everyone as the least amount of traveling to do.

Well obviosly im in, who else wants in. we only need 3 of this to make it happen :)

1. Daman (colchester) Black leather, silver/gray leather centers. silver/grey stiching/pipeing

Any questions, direct them this way then i can get in contact with Pete, Cheers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about just fronts in black m8 ???

I can check fro you buddy, but im fairly sure he wants 3 full jobs. Ill see if what he charges for just the fronts. Go for them both, thats a damn cheap price ;)

does he do alcantara centers?

Thanks

Hes just finding out for me and will let me know in a few days, take it as a no for the time being as hes never done alcantara before.

And yes, No pipeing

Im in London...few questions...

Does he do alcantara?

Whats the quality of the leather like?

Any warranty / guarantee?

Price for front only?

Piping - whats that for??

imi, ill drop him an email now and find out for you buddy

Ok Im really interested mate, just a few questions:

- does he do the door cards and the roof maybe ? if so how much plz?

- how soon is this taking place as Im gonna be away till end JUN? any chance I could pay and get it done then?

Cheers

Mas

ok guys ive got a reply to the questions

Whats the quality of the leather like? My supplier uses high quality automotive grade leather.

Any warranty / guarantee? I have not been supplying any warranty/guarantee up till now, however it would be something I'd be prepared to look into.

Price for front only? £340

MAS - this is a seat only thing in affraid. This will proably take place a couple of weeks after we have the numbers finalised, yours will have to be done when everyone elses is done or alternatively there is no reason why another batch of 3+ members can be done at a later date.

I must stress this is a part time thing that Pete does which is why he hasnt a very professional set-up offering guarantees etc, hence the low prices. initally he started out selling seats for the 300zx guys via ebay. He has a cracking feedback (nipponauto) there as too on the 300zx forum. He has assured me he has every confidence in the product he is supplying.

im fairly sure he could offer a decent garentee, such as a years warrenty, which would be fair to everyone involved.

So we need 3+ members in one place at one time with their chosen colour scheme. one more to go.......

MAS - this is a seat only thing in affraid. This will proably take place a couple of weeks after we have the numbers finalised, yours will have to be done when everyone elses is done or alternatively there is no reason why another batch of 3+ members can be done at a later date.

Thanks mate

so I better get in touch later and ask for a quote if he can do the door cards aswell,

shall I just give you a shout, or can I have his contact details ?

Thanks

If the 3rd member doesnt come foward, then the buy wont go ahead til then :) However it is proably unlikely at this price. Petes contact details are in the link that i first posted. I can confirm that is a seat only thing and he cannot do door cards :)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm up for this but need to ask you some questions?

1. he brings the retrimmed seats down and you give him yours in exchange?

2. whats are the electrics/springs like in the new seats? what if they don't work and/or fuck up soon after, when your own seats electrics/springs are fine?

3. how long before all this goes ahead?

4. and who do we pay? you or him as your organising this. and what method of payment is preferred?

If all the above can answered to my satisfaction then i'm in. I'll have just the fronts, Black with silver grey middle and black logo. how much for that m8 all in?

i'm up for this but need to ask you some questions?

1. he brings the retrimmed seats down and you give him yours in exchange? Yup

2. whats are the electrics/springs like in the new seats? what if they don't work and/or fuck up soon after, when your own seats electrics/springs are fine? They will be of similar age, im sure there will be a years garentee on the work, i will flag this issue with him before it all goes ahead

3. how long before all this goes ahead? whenever, you, gaz and myself fancy......gaz?

4. and who do we pay? you or him as your organising this. and what method of payment is preferred? we pay him, cheque will be fine

If all the above can answered to my satisfaction then i'm in. I'll have just the fronts, Black with silver grey middle and black logo. how much for that m8 all in? Fronts only - £340 im fairly sure that includes a logo, but if not there will be an extra £15