The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car got keyed today , bastards

peter richards

dont use the supe much now as ive got the van , but thaught id give it a spin , parked up , and when i got back some twat has keyed it from just behind my door .

ive tried t cutting it but not much joy .

i have a new polsher coming in a few days , maybe that will get it out .

if not its off to the painters , and as you can imagine im not a happy bunny:thumbdown: :badmood: :banghead:

do you think this will polish out , ive already removed the scratch from the start of the panel

Hi Pete sorry to hear about your misfortunes, i know exactly how you feel, i have been vandalised a few times in the past. When you first see it your blood boils. The normal consensus is if you can feel it with your fingernail its unlikely to polish out completetely although you will be able to improve the appearance of the scratch.

Ive been using Meguiars 80 & 83 recently to great affect with a machine polisher:- porter cable. It works fantastic on my BMW paint not sure how well it will work on the toyota paint but i recommend you give it a try.

Good luck,

If you dont get anywhere with it try giving chipsaway a ring for a quote, i think they will sand it down and repaint etc and heard some good rep about them!:D

You should see the marks I have on my Citroen, if it was the supra I would be livid. I think theres a dent or mark on pretty much every panel now. Parked in St Albans today, came back and there was yet another dent and scratch on the offside wing.

JB

do you think this will polish out , ive already removed the scratch from the start of the panel

Unfortuantely it looks like it may be too deep mate.....

I've done a fair few bodywork repairs and a general rule of thunmb I have is if you draw your finger nail across the path of the scratch >>> if it digs into a noticeable "rut" then it is normally beyond scratch repair techniques...

You could always try some farecla compound on it with a pro polisher but IMO it may well need the panel spraying professionally :(

Scumbags....hangings too good for em :diablo: