The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new supra

grahamc

Good day all,

Today I had my supra delivered to me. :D Its a Jap-spec tt, manual...

I have recently bought the car, and it has a cracked piston, so came down on a transport truck. Car still runs, light tapping sound coming from the engine.

The idea at the end of the day is to go for about 450 - 500BHP with the engine re-build. What is the best/easiest route to go for this? Needs to be reliable and a daily drive (not that it will be a daily drive car).

I have not found who is going to do the engine build, so advice on this would be great! This is not going to happen for a few months, while I strip and build up the interior and exterior.

So there will be some parts for sale soon!!!

Will try and take some pics of the car tonight, and post them tomorrow or this evening.

Thanks,

Graham

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem is that I have never owned/really driven a supra, and dont want to come out of the gate with 600+... as the first corner in the car at pace would result in huge medical bills, resetting of bones, etc, as I crash and burn!

So the idea is that 450 is the target for the next year. Then I will consider going to BIG power...

Graham

Quick update...

Spent most of the day stripping out of the interior. Got some pics, and will be uploading tomorrow night, once I have removed the front seats, and hopefully get a start on the respraying of the dash.

Cheers Graham

Good day all,

Well here are a few more pics... There interior has been stripped out completely, interior panels are off and carpet has been taken out...

Cannot believe the strange things found under the carpet... Receipt for 2.745 million YEN, some YEN coins and a manky old toothbrush (sadly, I have a picture of this).

As for the exterior, the rear spoiler has been removed, side mirrors (finally got to this last night) and today I am going to pick up a front bumper.

Any advice would be welcome. Basic plan is that the rear seats are getting replaced with a box for the sound system. The front seats are being replaced with fixed back evo racing seats, with 4 point harnesses.

Looking at moving the battery from the engine bay to a small box behind one of the seats. Also looking at moving the windscreen water bottle to behind the other seat, and at the same time, put in a second water bottle for an intercooler water spray kit.

The dash is getting resprayed to a matt gray colour... dont like shining silver for the interior, too bright for me.

Changing the dash LEDs to blue...

Rear spoiler is bought, carbon fibre....

Seats still to come, sound system still to come, but I have someone coming round to do take measurements for the box build.

Well thats about it... for now. Here are some pics.

Enjoy

Graham

jse_DSC00939.jpg

jse_DSC00943.jpg

jse_DSC00946.jpg

jse_DSC00947.jpg

jse_DSC00949.jpg

jse_DSC00958.jpg

jse_DSC00961.jpg

jse_DSC00965.jpg

jse_DSC00966.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some more pics at home, I just need to size and upload them.

UPDATE:

Interior parts are mostly ready to go back into the car, jsut waiting for seat belt clips for the front seats, speakers and a headunit.

Then I will re-build the interior of the car.

As for the engine build... The decision is TurboFit and will be done in february next year. They are going to be doing the following:

Engine build to stock internals

AEM ECU with launch & traction control

Fuel system

264/264 hks cams and pulleys

FMIC

Braking system

Clutch and flywheel

At the same time, the car will spend a little time at KnightRacer having a rear spoiler fitted, front bumper fitted, aerial removed, small marks and scratches cleaned-up, etc.

I will sort the new pics shortly, and add them to this post.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Graham C you are such a naughty boy....

My father in law rebuilt his mini cooper 1966 monte carlo works rally car in the same vein you are going. Only took him 12 years!!! :p

When I say the same vein, his idea of ICE was a metal heated rim around the windscreen but you get my drift.

Can I come to the launch party? I'm free next summer!:D :d :D

Hopefully it doesnt take me that long... Would be gutted if it did!

Well car is actually booked in with TurboFit for February 26th 2007. Car will be picked up early and delivered to them.

KnightRacer will also be doing some work on the car, fixing and fitting a front spoiler, fitting the rear spoiler, covering the OEM holes and removing the bloody aerial (hate this thing).

I have some ICE, just havent really decided if it should go into the car... The weight is my concern...

The launch party... Well havent even thought about it... But I am sure that we can arrange something.... :D More than welcome!!! Everyone is!!

Ok, well its about time that I do this, an update...

Well as above, car is booked in with Sam and Greg at TurboFit for 26 February 2007, they have been a great help and always putting up with me asking loads of silly questions, thanks guys.

On the list for them to do is:

engine build - with uprated headgaskets and bolts, etc

fueling system - injectors, pump, FPR, braided lines

fmic - with piping

clutch

flywheel

cams & cam gears - 264/264

braking system - discs, pads, braided lines, fluid

hybrid turbos

While the car is with them, KnightRacer will be doing:

fixing and fitting a front spoiler

fitting the rear spoiler

covering the OEM holes

removing the bloody aerial

Still deciding on the ICE install that is going into the car...

Then with all that done, the future plans are:

Diff

Suspension

Wheels

CF bonnet

CF front wings

Here are some of the pics of some of the things that have arrived and have been done...

the 3rd picture proves that you can fit a supra bumper into a clio...

Oh yeah and a picture of my 2 dogs... one in her usual sleeping position...

bumper.jpg

DSC01062.JPG

jse_DSC01009.jpg

seat and harness.JPG

dogs.JPG

Another update, hybrids are about to paid for tonight!! So they are going to be added to the list of mods for the car. I know that the plan was for single, but since I cant afford that now, and mapping and fuelling is going to be done, suppose that I may as well put the hybrids in.

What can I do to help sort the additional heat? Carbon vented bonnet? Heat blanket? Etc?

Your motor sounds like its going to be a cracker Graham.I had hybrids fitted about 6 months ago;can't say that heat has been a problem.Then again the Whifbitz front end has plenty of room for air to circulate.I am also a wee bit old to hammer around too much.Pass the cocoa or was that coke?:blink: