The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Jig ?

ManwithSupra

good luck mate, as mines went in 2 weeks ago to get jigged and today i will find out if i need a new rear sub frame (i think thats what it is anyway) and thats going to be the best part of £1k to sort and thats not including the £650 i have already given for to get the rest of the chassis jigged

its very very exspensive, just to get the car on the jigg and measured your talking in the region of £150-£200 before you even start to pull it

Well i the car has always rubbed on the passanger side of the car when going round a roundabout for example. I would put it down to the suspension being very low and the fact i am running 19" but it dosent do it on the drivers side, + i had a small accident which invloved a new wing and a dent being pulled out of the back) recently is there anyway of telling the the chassis is twisted by looking

Well i the car has always rubbed on the passanger side of the car when going round a roundabout for example. I would put it down to the suspension being very low and the fact i am running 19" but it dosent do it on the drivers side, + i had a small accident which invloved a new wing and a dent being pulled out of the back) recently is there anyway of telling the the chassis is twisted by looking

well i found out by replacing the suspension and using my fingers to see how much gap there was between tyre and sill, if there is a difference then it might have a twist, but with the large crumple zones you would have to have had a fair bang, another tell tale sign is the car should be crabbing slightly

i bought mine and i think either the previous owner had a smash or it was brought in from japan all banged up and repaired badly, my car is like a lap dancer!! i am just throwing money at her and getting nothing back lol

but seriously if you can find someone to jig it then £150-£200 is not a lot for peace of mind

have a look along the door sills, underneath the car.

where in hampshire are you, p.s you should add your location in your profile

i went to a proffesional jigger (30years exp) and he could not tell the car was requiring jigging (apart from the front passenger side raised) by checking the sills or underneath the car, as the car only needs to be out by say 3mm and at the other end of the car its out by triple that, a car can natuarally sit off but to actually find out for sure jigging is really the only way

have a look along the door sills, underneath the car.

where in hampshire are you, p.s you should add your location in your profile

The car is in lymington at my Fiancés but it will be back with in basingstoke soon.

What am i looking for along the door sills and under the car ?

Not sure what you mean by crabbing?

well i found out by replacing the suspension and using my fingers to see how much gap there was between tyre and sill, if there is a difference then it might have a twist, but with the large crumple zones you would have to have had a fair bang, another tell tale sign is the car should be crabbing slightly

i bought mine and i think either the previous owner had a smash or it was brought in from japan all banged up and repaired badly, my car is like a lap dancer!! i am just throwing money at her and getting nothing back lol

but seriously if you can find someone to jig it then £150-£200 is not a lot for peace of mind

Mine has just been in to Toyota for a full geometry check and re-allignment, and my rear wheel-to-arch clearances are slightly different. I just put it down to either uneven driveway or suspension weakening on one side of the car.

Would the MOT pick up a weak shock absorber??

and my rear wheel-to-arch clearances are slightly different.

apart from the front that i mentioned mines is the exact same, but the difference in mine is 40mm and that is caused by the sub frame having a heavy knock and has got bent,

has yours "that you know off" been banged into a kirb? someone slid out?

with mine being 40mm the jigger is trying to pull it back and take the twist out of the sub frame but if not its going to be a new one for me and thats going to be at least £1k