The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a FCD urgently - info needed.

Conrad

I'm booked in for a Dyno this Sunday and have all my BPU stuff sorted bar the FCD. I've had one on order from Thor now for two weeks but they still don't have stock.

I need to get a FCD by Saturday at the latest. I'd prefer to go buy one from a shop but the only place local to me is Graham Goode Racing in Walsall, they have them in stock but want £120!!!

Anyone know somewhere in the West Mids I can get one from, or somebody I can order from on the net that will guarantee next day delivery?

I'm in exactly the same position :(, but I've been talking to Thor and here is what they have said...

We got about 100 through from the manufacturers and sent some of them out. Unfortunately it turns out that the manufacturers had used 1 wrong component and so they didn't work correctly. They have collected in the offending articles and they are now waiting on the manufacturers to send out the correct ones which should have arrived today so they can send them out tomorrow, however they have not arrived and it does not look likely that they will today or tomorrow.

I had to call them as they forgot to email me (only me it would seem), but in their defence, once I had called them they were very polite and frank about what had actually happened.

The reason I went to Thor was because their FCD is supposed to be superior, so would I be better off getting a different one or waiting?

• 1 month later...

****ONLY**** the VFCC (FCD) product had any issue. The VFCC is NOT combined with any other product.

For those in the know.... the manufacturer used a Quad analogue switch gate rather than a quad NAND gate. A few digits out on the chip part number but a world apart in operation.

The DSC+TSD (speedo converters and top speed delimiters) NEVER had any faults.

PLEASE NOTE:

Before you blame the VFCC for not working make sure the VFCC is set to

Fuel Cut = 8

Overboost = B

on the dials inside. The new units are not pre-configured for the Supra and are left unset as they are used in other model cars now.

Also

DSC+TSD make sure the dial is set to 8 inside. This is 0% error correction.

0->7 is +10% ->0%

9->F is 0->-10%

So it can calibrate for speedo inaccuracies due to different rolling radius wheels etc.

Regards

Pete