The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need help With NewExhaust

KarmaSupra

Got a Blitz NUR Spec R exhaust the other day from mkiv store and the De-cat pipes came this morning from Whifbitz, like to thank both company's for the quick delivery.

DSC00541.JPG

DSC00542.JPG

Im going to have a go at fitting it tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.

What i need to know is when i looked underneath today there seemed to be a sensor going into the pipe just after the first cat but on the new pipe there isn't a hole for it, any ideas what i have to do with this?

Cheers

Dan

Be prepared for some hard slogging and sheared off bolts!!

Sometimes they go well and no probs but other times like mine you end up shearing off a couple of manifold studs which tbh is an absolute fekin nightmare especially if you dont have a ramp.

If i were you i would take it to a garage and let them deal with it,it will be the best £50 you ever spent!!

What i need to know is when i looked underneath today there seemed to be a sensor going into the pipe just after the first cat but on the new pipe there isn't a hole for it, any ideas what i have to do with this?

Cheers

Dan

You don't have to plug it into the decat pipe.

Just unscrew it, leave it connected to the cable and just tie it up somewhere where it won't rattle.

Like impervious said, the studs that hold the front end of the first cat on can give problems. They can shear off and access isn't easy. I would only do it on a ramp , be prepared for any sheared studs.

Right i started to change the exhaust at half 12 today, by half 1 i was at formula 1 in the waiting area while the fitters changed the exhaust for me lol

like people said the manifold bolts would not budge,i had a big bar on the rachet just felt like they were going to snap, everything was rusty, couldn't get the car high enough on the jack so gave up,

So its all done and sounding lovely, with the silencer tip thing (dont know what its called) in the tailpipe it sounded quite good not to loud, but when its removed its quite loud, im sure the neighbours are going to love me when i leave at 5am for work

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00544.JPG

DSC00545.JPG

, with the silencer tip thing (dont know what its called) in the tailpipe it sounded quite good not to loud, but when its removed its quite loud, im sure the neighbours are going to love me when i leave at 5am for work

The NA is louder than the TT after a decat.

Can't find my silencer thing. :)