The mkiv Supra Owners Club

400 bhp or not

Guest lloydmcc

Guest lloydmcc

could a supra be at 400 bhp with out a boost controller

im thinking about buyig a supra

the guy says its 400 bhp with a dyno sheet but i ask him if he has a boost controller and he says no.

so then i think is not fully decated.

wot do u think guys

cheeres

mac

Dynos are wildly different. It's what's at the wheels that counts, even then they vary lots.

Decat and BPU can certainly see significant gains 380 bhp - again, from vehicle to vehicle. Would need a fuel cut defencer fitted for this of course. The boost is raised on a Jspec by simply decatting, in fact it can be raised to much requiring a restrictor ring before the turbos die horribly.

yes as pete says, if it's a de-catted jspec and has a fcd of some sort then quite possibly (but ought to have plugs and fuel pump to match).

if it's a uk spec, unlikely since the boost will still be at stock or thereabouts and will need a boost controller to raise it up

It could be 400 bhp without a boost controller, a full decat can give you 1.2 bar which is the max boost pressure most of us go for on stock turbo's.

It's dependant on other mods aswell including intercooler and fuelling.

You don't necessarily need a boost contoller with a full decat!

Guest lloydmcc

yeah sorry should of said

it has intercooler

and a few things done with the ecu.

it is a 94 j spec

cheeres for the help guys

mac

Guest Flat4_ire
What did he do to the ECU?

bit suspicious of this one to be honest, post up all the mods etc ok? because until we see them we cant say if its anywhere near 400bhp, thats just a nice round figure guys seem to give these cars, heres a good one for you ok? the guy who bought my rz-s tt 6speed last thursday was actually telling ME that the car was around 400bhp, that it was delimited when it came into england! lmao, i wouldnt mind but both the cats are still in and all of that, i felt like slapping him, after i got my money of course ;) i dont believe any bragging rights/figures until i see rolling road paperwork!!

bit suspicious of this one to be honest, post up all the mods etc ok? because until we see them we cant say if its anywhere near 400bhp, thats just a nice round figure guys seem to give these cars, heres a good one for you ok? the guy who bought my rz-s tt 6speed last thursday was actually telling ME that the car was around 400bhp, that it was delimited when it came into england! lmao, i wouldnt mind but both the cats are still in and all of that, i felt like slapping him, after i got my money of course ;) i dont believe any bragging rights/figures until i see rolling road paperwork!!

:yeahthat:

Yep - and even RR figures mean diddly squat due to there being such a huge difference in the figures given by different types of RR. IMHO, RR's should be used for tuneing and mapping only and not be used to massage someones ego.

Guest lloydmcc

yip guys

as usual u all make sence

cheeres

ive told him to e mail me all the mods and to get back to me

Guest Flat4_ire
Yep - and even RR figures mean diddly squat due to there being such a huge difference in the figures given by different types of RR. IMHO, RR's should be used for tuneing and mapping only and not be used to massage someones ego.

yeah i know, to be honest anyway at this stage its all about how the car pulls and feels! id know straight away by driving it if it had anywhere near 400bhp, and if it has proper stuff on it ur goin good, no point just having good bhp figures with feckall driveability etc ya know? remember, cleanliness will sell a car, not bhp braggin ;)

electric turbo?

made me laugh

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/electric-supercharger-turbo-prelude-punto-MR2-300ZX-ka_W0QQitemZ8061415198QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

More Torque,

40,000 rpm (instantly),

Serious BOOST,

Performance Air filter,

Dump valve,

Performance silicone hosing,

Full Fitting kit,

Arm Switch,

Serious Power,

Street Legal,

yeh

Guest Flat4_ire
i have posted the ebay link,

id hate to see what 40,000rpm does to your engine

pistons would be like bullets hittin an aeroplane 1 mile up id say!! :D

A friend of mine used to import these a few years back, they actually worked well on na cars as the impeller on the filter sucks air in a vortex and improves air flow into the engine at lower revs, think it just helped drivability a little.

They did stop selling them though... now I come to think about it :D