The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diamondbrite, any good?

chilli

I always thought this was a dealer only or bodyshop thing and that it was sprayed on or something. Well maybe that's what they want you to think so they can charge like £400 or more to apply it!

Anyway, it turns out it's a two part by hand application, rather like applying wax but with two stages.

Best bit, you can by the two bottles for the 2 part process off of ebay for £12 apparently.

So my question is, is it any good? Anyone ever used it? Is it worth it? Can you polish and wax as normal before application and then afterwards too?

any thoughts would be good...

Do a search for diamondbrite, it's been discussed a few times previous.

It was used on our ZR from new at the dealer, then I bought some to reapply annually. Excellent stuff IMHO.

Yes you can wax/polish on top, but if you buy the top up wash stuff you don't need to.

ok well for the price I'm thinking of getting some.

So I can polish and wax my car, get a panel up like new and then apply this stuff to seal in the shine? does it matter what wax goes on underneath or on top?

are there any cons, otherwise why isn't everyone using it lol?

ok well for the price I'm thinking of getting some.

So I can polish and wax my car, get a panel up like new and then apply this stuff to seal in the shine? does it matter what wax goes on underneath or on top?

are there any cons, otherwise why isn't everyone using it lol?

The idea is this goes on first. If you apply something else then it won't be able to stick to the paint properly.

Cons - it's relatively expensive and some say is only worth doing on new paintwork to protect it from the start. To get the best you should use the top up 2 stage wash stuff regularly too.

yeah.... they spayed the inside of the c2 last year as a free be.... i have the bottle still.

I have some kicking around the garage - the complete kit I think. Got a complete Autoglym super finish valet only jobby too - similar stuff. Never got around to applying it.