The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Theiving Pikey Tw@ts!!!!

Yankee Ruin X

Can't believe it, heard a knock at the door at about 12.30 went down to answer it and was greeted by a nice gentleman who informed me that someone had just broke into my car. I can't believe it in broad daylight on my drive on a busy road they would have the brass to do such a thing. The gentleman saw the youth smash the window while he was driving by so he pulled over and gave chase but he got away. He also rang the police and then came to inform me about my car. Police were good though they got here within 5 mins of the man ringing them and they even got a dog team to come and try and track him.

The pikey stole my Road Angel and that was it but they made a right mess of my door but they left a very nice set of finger prints on my roof which I was happy about. The police said they would get someone to come and lift the prints. Now they have rung me and said that they won't be able to get someone out until tommorrow so by then the prints on the roof will probably be gone so now I'm unhappy again I mean come on the prints are their, all the evidence you need to catch this scum by tommorrow it will have probably rained or something and they will be gone.

I put a bin liner over it and taped it down luckily the car is in for a service tommorow so I'm going to drop it off at the garage and they are going to stick it inside for me and they have a courtesy car ready for me. I have ordered a new window it was £120 does that sound about right its coming from belguim and will be here wednesday.

Sorry to hear the bad news Yankee.

Best thing to do in this sitution is to immediately get the car indoors in a secure area. A lockup or garage will do, just as long as joe public doesn't have access to it.

This will ensure continuity of evidence, which is something that the CPS want to see or it'll never get to court.

Its likely that the crim (if caught) will say he was just passing the car & touched the roof anyhow, which wouldn't really be enough to get to court on its own.

If there's a description of clothing that can be seized & examined for glass fragments when he's nicked, but if its waiting on prints then this will be a couple of weeks. Remember to take a sample of the broken glass and bag it up so it can be handed over to soco, just in case it's all hoovered out b4 they arrive.

Best place to find prints is on the inside of the car, as long as the car was immediately secured in a garage etc.

If the car can't be secured indoors then parked on a drive will do, just anywhee the public don't have access.

Covering the prints on the roof with a cardboard box, then taping a bin bag over so rain can't get to it is second best. The bin bag alone might destroy the prints.

Whatever you do, make sure a SOCO comes out & checks the car. Its the only way to get good evidence that'll lead to a conviction that'll lead to you getting compensation. And remenber to keep all receipts!

Good luck

Steve

Hate that this happened to you dude. Maybe that f*cker will get hit by a steamroller someday and only part of one leg will get flattened like in the cartoons. He'll get what's coming to him. Maybe a flaming case of GonnersyphilherpilAIDS or something else sh*tty.

I'm in South Normanton J28 on the M1 and yeah it happened In Sth Normanton too. The car was on my drive I just hope these prints lead somewhere so I can find out who did it. I have my suspicions and if its who I think it is then they will be getting a paid a visit :eyebrows:

I am still in shock I can't believe that someone would do such a thing to my poor soop. Its really upset me I wanted to cry when I saw it, such a mess. The worst thing is now they have broke into it once I'm guessing this will be the first of many break ins to my beloved soop.