The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm boggled about wheels

UltraFlynn

I need some new alloys, I've currently got 18s but if I following Chris Wilsons advice then I'll be needing 17s. And they need to clear my UK front brakes.....

...but I'm pretty boggled by the choice.

Looking at Ibrar's website there are hundreds of different options and I've got no real idea what I'm looking at.

So my question is ..... can anyone recommend anything?

it is also one wheel that chris doent moan about :)

True. The Image range are good, and Team Dynamics make some good rims now, in a wide range of offsets. It IS a nightmare, nearly as much of one as finding a single turbo manifold that doesn't crack... I am about to bite the bullet and have an inconel one made for my Skyline, having just had a new cast iron one crack... I am pretty inured to the cost of racing stuff, but I have to say Inconel manifolds as one offs are leaving me shaken and stirred!

If someone needs 17 inch rims to clear UK brakes, fit properly, be of forged material, and quite light, then I just don't know why they don't buy stock UK rims, cheap as chips used, and who cares what they look like, you can't see them when you are enjoying the brilliant handling the car SHOULD have :)

Guest Flat4_ire
The 18" Lexus nine spokes (MK1 GS300 Sport) are the correct offset and centre bore diameter for the Supra. They also fit over the UK spec brakes.

yeah but they are an awful lookin wheel for a supra man

Good choice, to buy an equivalent quality aftermarket rim would cost a packet. My prediction is the government will clamp down on aftermarket rims soon, the whole thing has gotten out of hand.

lets hope not,

you shoulnt be offended by what wheels others choose,

and i hope not, soon we will all have to drive standard boring cars and will force people into doing something else, like killing

Also.....

Am I right in thinking that UK 17s will fit jap-spec hubs? Are there any differences in studs, or mountings in any way between UK and Jap spec cars?

I have a j-spec car with UK brakes on the front and j-spec on the back.

All the same! :)

But you do need 17" wheels to clear the UK front brakes.