350z

NeoFuture

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest eddmac

standard 350Z will hammer n/a soop, not sure about standard TT soop though :)

Auto box makes no (noticable) difference to 350Z performance - in fact will probably be quicker off the lights.

mmmmmm ....... a second 350z thread for me to post on.

Yep a standard 350 z will out run an NA supe in a straight line and depending on what you've done to your suspension it will drop you like a ton of bricks in the twisties HOWEVER a lot will depend on the relative skills of the drivers.

As you can see from my sig ...... I speak from experience.

Now Twin turbos ...... as Ian the fast bar steward R will tell you he was all over me at the last Midlands gumball ....... a supra tt will marmalise a zed, particularly in a stright line. In the twisties I would say it would come down to the driver but the supe has a decent power and application advantage IMHO.

350z TT's ....... aftermarket fit only I'm affraid ...... will stick the zed up to 420 + bhpbut will cost £10k as Nissan skimped on the engine internals to keep price down, or protect the new skyline depending on your conspiracy theory of choice !!!!! APS do a conversion, budget about £10k. £3-4k for a blower on standard internals is an alternative !

Here's my personal baby as I never get bored of posting pickies of it

Guest Garfy

I'm Worried there is something wrong with my car now (93 J-spec tt auto) because I had a 350z Behind me a few months ago and I couldn't loose him on striaght roads, granted I was a little lost and was trying to read a map at the time, but when I planted the loud peddle I didn't pull away from him much, a little but not much.

what do you think, should I get it checked out?

I'm Worried there is something wrong with my car now (93 J-spec tt auto) because I had a 350z Behind me a few months ago and I couldn't loose him on striaght roads, granted I was a little lost and was trying to read a map at the time, but when I planted the loud peddle I didn't pull away from him much, a little but not much.

what do you think, should I get it checked out?

Surprised you're even posting Garfy, I'd be mortified with shame in those circumstances :p ;) :p ;) Lets be honest, you'd notice the difference on a track but not on normal roads ...... maybe the 350 hit the gear changes just so and you weren't really concentrating, maybe the 350 was a twin turbo or had a blower ....... you're much better using another Supra as a bench mark if you're worried about the supe ...... if you're just trying to make me feel bad cus I've got a 350, don't bother, I've a girlfriend for that :) :) :) :)