The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are BK Racing Wheels any good?

lpher

Ive gotten a REALLY (and i do mean a REALLY!:D) good deal on a set of these wheels

http://www.bkracing.co.uk/aspbite/alloy-wheels/gallery-wheel.asp?ID=51

...and i was wondering if there are any other Supra-owners that have tried these before?

Im thinking 8"x19" and 9,5x19" in gun metal grey...wich should suit my Anthracite supra very well? Oh...theyre 38mm offset. So not at all unlike the TTE-alloys ive had on the car till now...

Heres a few pics of these exact wheels on a mkIV Supra...in what i think is 9,5x18" all round..(i think the chromelips are different sizes on 8" and 9,5")...not shure if the spokes are gun metal or black though.

So...what do you guys think? :)

Bilde077.jpg

Bilde078.jpg

Bilde079.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanx for answering so quickly guys :)

that they might not clear the large front brake calipers?

Its seems they clear allright...ref. "supra matt" :)

Usually heavy and very soft alloy so easy to destroy.

I will ahve to take my chances then, wont i? :)

They are heavy wheels, not the best quality out there but half descent for the money. They are budget wheels tho.

Yeah, i know...but my budget is a bit limited these days aslo...so its this or nothing :D

hi mate ya i got theres on mine nice wheels and well built . but heavy tho and yes the dish is deeper on the back set

Ahh....excellent! :) ...what exact sizes are your weels then? The do look nice :)

the fronts and backs look the same width in the pics? look nice though

Yeah...i noticed that too...

the ones in the pic look like he has the 9.5" front and back

Confirmed :)

no there cr*p mate had a set on my scooby was always haveing problems with flats where the rubber was comeing away from the rim and within a year all the laquer was peeling off and they looked shite as they was carroding

no there cr*p mate had a set on my scooby was always haveing problems with flats where the rubber was comeing away from the rim and within a year all the laquer was peeling off and they looked shite as they was carroding

Hmm...ill have to keep that in mind then... Ive established a kind of mutual deal with this dealer so there souldnt be a problem for me atleast if problems araise...but thanx for telling me about it :)

the ones i had were the 299s the spokes were ok but it was the polished rim that went bad as water got under the laquer if u are getting them cheap enough then i would strip the laquer off the rim and keep polishing them

I have a set on my Prelude and they're fine. Maybe a little on the heavy side (compared to some) but other than that they look as good as the day they went on - just under three years now. I guess it depends how you look after them mate, but I think mine look good. They're becoming a more popular wheel. I've got BK238's 7 spoke. TBH it doesnt matter what wheels you think of having - put them on here and some will like, others will criticise. If you like them, and they're the right price, have them. :)

Had a set on my saxo.......need i say more?

dont get me wrong, there not the worse you can by but there in the conference with the wolfrace's and tsw's

@lpher, whats your budget buddy? maybe someone here maybe able to advise you on a better wheel for your money.....

dont get me wrong, there not the worse you can by but there in the conference with the wolfrace's and tsw's

@lpher, whats your budget buddy? maybe someone here maybe able to advise you on a better wheel for your money.....

i thought TSW was a decent make wheel, (not that id want any)

dont yokohamma make TSW

Had them on my Prelude and my MR2.

They are still on the MR2 a couple of years later and look as good as they did when new.

Yes as said above they are heavy but if you are more bling than zing then they are a good buy IMO.

another saxo supra owner........arrrrrrrrrrh;)

Had them on my Prelude and my MR2.

They are still on the MR2 a couple of years later and look as good as they did when new.

Yes as said above they are heavy but if you are more bling than zing then they are a good buy IMO.

Good man Todd :D

my bro has had a set of bk 299's for 2.1/2 years now and no problem still look like new, i had a brand new set of wolfrace wheels and the paint started to bouble after 10 months!!!

alot of problems with wheels is people just dont keep on top of them and clean and polish them properly

To be honest...im getting this set for "silly money" as you guys so fittingly call it :) Hmm...ill put it this way...im paying the equivalent of 4 decent tires :D ...and this deal also includes decent tires! :D