The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dremel?

Fifty

will take you too long lol. its hard going with a bench grinder with polishing kit.i have had 2 cheap type dremmels and burned motors out on them.just bought another bargain one from car boot for 10 quid it has a stand and flexible arm.worth a try for 10 quid.they great for getting cast marks out.but polishing you will be here next year on same pipe

I got a dremmel pro. No idea if it'll polish pipework but compared to some others i've tried it's a bloody animal in comparison (some from Maplins stopped trying to cut through a paper cup, lol). revs adjust from 5k to 33k

Been very handy although it'll go through the 'bits' quite quickly on anything metal

A good idea might be to get a cheap bench grinder and fit polishing cloths to it.

I've done it, less than £20 total, maybe below £15 even

Bench grinder from Makro, cloths from MachineMart

sounds good will have a go. thx

Rich

I've done some polishing with a Dremel, bloody good tool but not uo to doing big areas. Would be great for getting into the tight areas on pipework but nothing more.

Plus the little cloth polishing wheels don't last long and it'll cost you a fortune.

One of them tools to get if you've got a few quid spare as it'll come in handy every now and then but that's about it.

Paul

Guest gzaerojon
Anyone got one; which is the best?

would I be able to use this to polish my turbo pipework in situ - dumb question but Im too skint to buy all these shiny bits from dealers just now lol

Rich

won't that be like cleaning a basketball court with a toothbrush?

get a nice big buffing wheel for your drill :)

Guest blueangel

ive just done said job large area hand sand but like ppl said tight spots it works great. I finished the job off with rubbing compound and a cloth then autoglm and i now have a mirror finish.