The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra tucked up for while...

whitesupratt

Waved goodbye to my Supra today for a short while. I cleaned it up, and have just Squeezed it into my old mans garage.

The tax ran out last Sunday and it is sorn for now as some unexpected financial outgoings meant I can't afford the £170 to tax it. I have a runaround for work and back though!

I have SORN the supra, but the residential car park for my flat into classed as 'off road' as Its not my property. It would be reported as a dumped vehical!

...Means I can do some work on it maybe tho...!;)

Supe garage.jpg

Tax online started at the same time as the new computer print out MOTs.

This figures as they need to check their MOT database to see you have a valid MOT before sending your tax disc.

Insurance has been on a database (MID - Motor Insurance Database) for years, with most insurance companies signing up to it. This means that finding all your documents, trapesing down to the Post Orifice at lunchtime and waiting in line with old folk collecting their pensions (that smell faintly of wee) is a thing of the past, unless you like the smell of wee?

One thing though.... If you pay your insurance monthly it may not show on the database as being insured, so you may not be able to do it online. I think this is because the policy has not been fully paid for, and if you miss a payment the insurance stops, so they can't say there's a 12 month policy when there isn't?!? I know it doesn't show up on police computers as insured!!!

Steve

Project Stealth - '93 J spec in gorgeous black (now with two black wheels!)

Guest Flat4_ire
Waved goodbye to my Supra today for a short while. I cleaned it up, and have just Squeezed it into my old mans garage.

The tax ran out last Sunday and it is sorn for now as some unexpected financial outgoings meant I can't afford the £170 to tax it. I have a runaround for work and back though!

I have SORN the supra, but the residential car park for my flat into classed as 'off road' as Its not my property. It would be reported as a dumped vehical!

...Means I can do some work on it maybe tho...!;)

my god dont move to ireland anyway or you will never buy a supra, €1150 a year for road tax which is about £800!!!:blink: