The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i want to create a definitive insurance thread

RobSheffield

ok guys, help needed.

I have my renewal coming up, and i need some alternatives to try.

we have:-

Sky

Lancaster (based on there classic policy for over 10 year olds)

Elephant

Tesco

Direct Line?

need to get some more (and contact numbers together) and ill create a big list in the FAQs. this should help new members and prevent multiple 'insurance help needed' threads

There is no definitive list, insurance varies wildly for everyone due to all the random factors used to create the quote - the only advice I can give is to call everyone and eventually you'll find a company that gives good quotes based on your specific details and needs.

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/mr2/frames/insurance.htm#numbers

Start at the top and work your way down, be ready for lots of wasted time, lots of people telling you to go away after 10 minutes giving them info and a fair bit of frustration as you talk to one phone monkey after another... BUT eventually you'll get a decent quote.

do all the ones on megaboost insure imports Michael? if so thats the list like :D

Sadly not, I tried to highlight the ones that did during the last update but that was a while ago when I still had my (import) MR2.

The list is at least 2 years out of date but if someone is bored they could always update it and use it as a starting point :)

Southampton SO40

J-spec RZ TT 6-peed, with FMIC, filter, exhaust, skirts, spats, spoiler, front bumper, steering wheel, wheels, suspension mods all declared

21 years old

1 years NCD

Fully comp, agreed value

No points

£1,700

up to 10,000 miles

social and commuting

lancaster

J-spec RZ TT

22 years old

5 (almost 6) years NCD

Fully comp

No points

£2000

Adrian Flux - I think i'm getting done!

you are indeed getting done, with that many no-claims, and near stock supra your insurance with lancaster would be 1k, if not less im sure