The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aero top

Guest martin169

i have this same trouble most of the time mate. it all depends on the way i put the roof back on tho?? i used to just sit the roof back on and jus do the bolts up equaly.

now i gotta sit the roof on, then climb inside grab both sides of the roof, and push it right back in tight and make sure the front lines up perfect to the sides of the font window. Then start by tightening up the back two bolts first then the front two.

i know it sounds like it doesnt make alot of difference but it works for me. well if it does leak its nothing alot like it used to.

good luck sorting out your leak mate:)

Guest gzaerojon
had roof off this morning, had it back on this afternoon before a heavy downpore, no leak!! woo hoo think iv sussed it. had no instructions with it but definitely gotta bolt back two first.

there should be a sticker under the center glove box, box thingy

its in japanese but the diagram is numbered

and what are those two wiper blade thingies that spring ubove the windscreen wen the roof is off?? they make a hell of a racket wen im goin some! i have to hold them down with my hand

They are wind deflectors. They are meant to drop down at about 60 mph. Alot don't due to age or someone bending them a bit when fitting roof. Stick em down with a bit of blu-tack.

You could always go ask a guy called mark on the supraforums US side if you can remove them. Anyone remember that delightfully entertaining thread :)

• 2 weeks later...