The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driving with a broken Limb

NeoFuture

Hi Guys as some of you know i broke my left ankle tonight (ouch yes it hurts) im not yet in plaster going back on tuesday for fracture clinic, they have to let the swelling go down (btw after the fall i did manage to wash and polish my soop with autoglym, couldnt take a dirty car to the horse pickle now could i... anyway) i drove to the hospital and i drove home (good old auto)

BUT... and im legal to drive with a broken ankle as i can still drive as normal, but is it legal ??? (i know its illegal with a broken arm/hand)

i know we have a "good cop" in amongst us but cant remeber who it is !!!! lol :D

TBH from an insurance point of view I don't (for a change! lol) know the answer, but for driving an auto with a borken left ankle, it would be a case of proving you're "not in proper control of a vehicle". So if you feel ok, can steer and brake ok, then you're in proper control. If you can't then you're not.

And I'm the one you're referring to lol! ;)

I rode my motorbike after breaking the bone in my right hand that connects to the little finger :D

And the award for the most manly break goes to...........

James :p You tart, thats got to be the smallest bone in your body :D

Hey it still hurt and it's the only bone i've ever broken :( Plus don't forget you use your right hand for the accelerator and brake on a bike. Rode 25 miles before i decided i should go to hospital.

I so knew you was going to pull the 'but you need your finger on a bike' bit, lol..............your still a tart :p

James :p You tart, thats got to be the smallest bone in your body :D

No it isn't it's his penis lol ! :p

Sorry james by now I am a proper zombie 36hrs over the weekend start nights tomorrow and the wine has just kicked in. I am now off to bed :eyebrows:

My old man was a right muppet. He had knee surgery and had his right leg in full plaster. This didn't stop him riding his R1, he just slotted a stick through the front of the bike cage and rested his leg on that!:rolleyes: :D

He got followed by a copper who stopped when my Dad got off the bike at the shops. My Dad had tracky bottoms over the top of the plaster so the copper wasn't sure if his leg was in plaster or not.

'Is your leg in plaster' the bemused copper asked

'No' said my Dad 'My doctor advised me to keep my leg straight as possible cus I hurt my knee'

'Oh' replied the copper 'I was gonna say, nobody would be that stupid to ride a motorbike with their leg in plaster!'

:D :D

No it isn't it's his penis lol ! :p

Sorry james by now I am a proper zombie 36hrs over the weekend start nights tomorrow and the wine has just kicked in. I am now off to bed :eyebrows:

I didnt want to say anything but I heard the rumours.......... he straps on for the misses... ;)

Yes very funny Doug, i'll show you that bone when i slap it accross your forehead :p

Im sure thats a party piece only reserved for the misses.......... ;)

People dont take too kindly to that being done to them in the street, lol...........