The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto or Manual

NeoFuture

I presume it was your left ankle that was toast?

I was explaining to my bro why left foot braking is so difficult, he didn't belive me so we took his BMW to a carpark for him to experiance it first hand. I told him to try and stop the car gently from 10mph- I put my seatbelt on and he said "steady on Gaz - it ain't Daytona speedway!". Just you wait.

STOMP! My little bro simply collapses into the steeringwheel!

"ok, you're right."

:D

I was explaining to my bro why left foot braking is so difficult, he didn't belive me so we took his BMW to a carpark for him to experiance it first hand. I told him to try and stop the car gently from 10mph- I put my seatbelt on and he said "steady on Gaz - it ain't Daytona speedway!". Just you wait.

"ok, you're right."

:rlol:

yup, tried that myself too :D

Any chance i could borrow your spare leg sometime,at least i could impress the missus and look like a real man for a change.

Lol, sure thing, Im sure I've got an old one laying about somewhere if you wanna pay postage for something that's about a stone n 1/2 in weight on its own.

Something I love doing being a Blue Badge Holder is parking it in the disabled spaces and watching the peoples faces as I get out of the car (leg being false isn't really that noticable, just ask Marc aka dangerous reptile.. lol).

One time I parked in a disabled space and this old man came up to me and offered me his walking stick and said, wanna take this as well. I clearly pointed out there was a blue badge in the car to which he just sneered at me, so I whacked my fist against my leg (top half is fibre-glass) so i knocked and he proceeded to apologise and shake my hand... :p

Thinking back I should have taken the walking stick. :)

Lol, sure thing, Im sure I've got an old one laying about somewhere if you wanna pay postage for something that's about a stone n 1/2 in weight on its own.

Something I love doing being a Blue Badge Holder is parking it in the disabled spaces and watching the peoples faces as I get out of the car (leg being false isn't really that noticable, just ask Marc aka dangerous reptile.. lol).

One time I parked in a disabled space and this old man came up to me and offered me his walking stick and said, wanna take this as well. I clearly pointed out there was a blue badge in the car to which he just sneered at me, so I whacked my fist against my leg (top half is fibre-glass) so i knocked and he proceeded to apologise and shake my hand... :p

Thinking back I should have taken the walking stick. :)

Funny as fuck, but you have to understand why some people are dubious......especially with a nice car, and as people do abuse the right to park there, so they probably put you in the same catchment ;)

There is a yellow Supra in B/Stoke thats always parked in a disabled spot in town sporting their own disabled badge, and I do joke with friends about it, but is only in jest.....

"ok, you're right."

Ha, ha thats funny, reminds me when I first tried using my left to brake, funny how the left foot hasnt got as much finesse as the right. Now I tend to sometimes drive around using my left to brake where I can, it just gives your foot some memory on how hard to press and can now squeeze the peddle as gently with my right, albeit with a little more thought involved...;)