The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Warranty Company?

Robbo

Has anyone taken a warranty out on their car? The garage i have bought mine off has offered me an RAC Warranty but before i take it i want to shop around myself and see if i can get a cheaper price. Can anybody recomend any comapny's?

Thanku:)

I would normally agree with others on here, but I took out a 3 year warranty with warranty direct which cost about £970, but I have had more than that back in repair costs. For that price you get £5000 worth of repairs per year.

The car has to meet certain criteria,

1. under 100,000 miles

2. not older than 12 or 13 years

3. be serviced according to manufacturers spec and be vat registered.

They will not replace parts that will improve the condition of the car, only parts that have failed.

Turbos, engine, gear box etc are covered. if your serious check out their website.

http://warrantydirect.co.uk

I have never had a problem with them agreeing to repairs or paying.

You pay your money, you takes your choice.

Markssupra, i rang them today as everyone who i speak to tell me to go with them and when i spoke to them they said they dont cover Supra's?? They cover MR2's though.

RAC have give me a good price but only for 3 star cover.

:rolleyes:

Now i remember being told ages ago that the majority of companys that do warranties are actually under the same one, if that makes sense. I've only ever had a warrenty on 1 car before, and when things went wrong there was always an excuse why it wasn't covered. I'd save the money and put it to one side for the time when something does happen.

Yeah i have worked in car dealerships for over 12 years now and all these warranties arnt worth the paper their written on. If you are lucky enough to not get the "wear and tear" or "its not a covered component" rubbish then they will normally only pay a tiny labour rate which means you will have to pay for the remainder of the labour charges if the garages labour rate is not the same as the warranty company will pay.

SAVE YOUR CASH MATE!

lol, i used to work for RAC warranty (it is based in Sheffield and is nowt to do with RAC, just uses the name and colours)

wouldnt use them to be honest, they know nothing about hih performance motors, and in fact are a shite company to work for, shite at customer services...just shite really :D

Thanks for all of your advice, you all have now got me in two minds whether to get one. Dont no what to do for the best!!

My Supra only has 71k on the clock and is a 1996 N/A, car seems to be sound and has just come over from Japan. Its going to be my main car and thats why i wanted to stick a good warranty on it just incase.

Hmmmmmmmmm, dont no what to do.:rolleyes:

Take my word for it they are worthless, i also took a warranty out with a main dealer(Fiat) which extended the warranty period after 3 years and the warranty company went bankrupt which invalidated any warranties and you did not get a penny back, only warranties worth anything are manufacturers within their 3 or 5 year period, they also use companies for repair who cost the earth and or do not know anything about the car, especially the case with the supra, they are shite, best saving the money and if anything goes wrong with your n/a(unlikely if it is unmodded) you can have it repaired by someone on this site who knows what they are doing, biggest costs will be fuel tyres and wearable components and warranty won't touch those

Matt