The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Costs

Supradan

I have my na supra up for sale at the moment and am not getting anywhere.Im selling to fund a tt 6speed,my question is how much would it cost for the cheapest turbo conversion job.Im not looking for 4-500 hp i would be happy with 300 to 350fwhp and would stick with the auto box.

My na is so clean and runs perfectly that i dont want to sell it for stupid money so any help would be much appreciated.:)

you're looking at minimum £3.5k for na-t i think, more if it's done 'properly'.

even if you got £3.5k for your n/a plus the £3.5k the turbokit would cost to go na-t that would give you £7k.........would get a TT auto for that easy.

I can see where you are coming from but im loathed to sell my na for 3.5k as its mint and what car can you buy for 3.5k thats anytning near as good as a supra!! I think i will end up trading it in but am gonna hold out a bit longer,maybe think about it after the summer.

I can see where you are coming from but im loathed to sell my na for 3.5k as its mint and what car can you buy for 3.5k thats anytning near as good as a supra!! I think i will end up trading it in but am gonna hold out a bit longer,maybe think about it after the summer.

i know what you mean mate. i'm in exactly the same boat as you as i have an n/a, want more power but won't sell for that much.

thing is if you wait till after the summer prices will probably be even worse. TT owners would probably loathe to sell their car for as little as £7k but that's the way the market is :(

I am just trying to fund an na-t conversion myself. The cost I have been given was 3.5k all fitted with turbofit, and had a great chat with them. Popped in to check it all out and they had two na-t's on the go. I know they have done a good few, so seems like the place to go.

I also toyed with the idea of selling up for a tt manual, but I like my na to much, and for the same money I can have a good na-t conversion.

I got quoted only £100 more for the conversion, than having a tt, with Sky insurance, which I found through the club.

nice to see a positive thread on this subject. Well done

I'm sick to death of the "sell and buy a TT" approach.

If you girlfriend couldn't run as fast as Sally Gunnel would you ditch her?

NO,... you get her down the gym and sort her problem out!

I love to see a complete list/breakdown of parts and labour cost.

Like intercooler, set-up, fueling system, engine work, turbo type, expected bhp, and all associated modifications.

3.5k sounds do'able :) Sam and Greg seem to be getting good reviews on this board :) Which is good to hear :)

Yeah would be interested in the labour only prices as I am back on the go with my conversion just waiting for the house stuff to sort out then should be able to save £300-400 a month. I was going to get the boost logic kit a bit here and there as I'm crap at saving and that way if house stuff comes up I can hold fire for a few months. So it would just be a case of packing it all the car and driving to turbofit.

My reasons for this are

1) I want a manual I tried an Auto and didnt like it so the price for a Stage II boost logic kit would be about the same if not less than selling up for a 6speed BPU TT

2) The power will be more than a TT (around 400-450 I think correct me if not)

• 1 month later...

6 weeks but I asked for acouple more bits to be done too. As well as sorting out a problem which I had when I took it to them.

I have just got home after picking it up for the 2nd time to have the boost upped abit along with oil/filter change and uprated injectors fitted and quite abit of fault diagnosing and now it is all sorted I can safely say I have never been so happy! It is unbelievable!! I have had a smile from ear to ear and now I am delimited I was able to really see what the supe could do and to put it bluntly I shat my pants! Gone are the days of having to drop it down a gear to get the power, I can be cruising in 5th at a 70, foot to the floor and it feels like it wants to take off!

Sorry if theres punctuation mistakes etc in the above but Im typing like im on speed as I am so over the moon!

A supra happy customer from turbofit, they were so helpful and spared no expense at all.

Gaz