The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tire Repairs, second opinion

Terminator

I took a rear tire from my car to my local tire place, they are usually very good and get things repair pretty quickly. They had a quick look and said it could not be repaired.

As the tire still had a bit of good tread left I was somewhat gutted by their response. I think they were too busy to try.

Do you think I should try somewhere else for a repair.

Blowout.JPG

I am feeling so lucky, buying extra lottery tickets tonight.

I was having fun with an RS6 on the A1, big leptons, out gunning him on every roundabout. I thought they were supposed to be quick.

Came out of one round about and the back felt a little loose:(, but nothing too serious. My phone rang but due to the wind, road and Hiper noise at WOT, I could not hear the caller on my bluetooth headset. So I slowed right down, as I did so the back felt loose again, then suddenly it was all over the place then the OS rear was bouncing up and down. I pulled into a farmers silp road, all I could see was a flat. Fortunately I was on my way to help some out so had loads of tools in back. Took the wheel off with a gun and could not believe what I saw or how lucky I was. Had it not been for the phone call I would still have been playing with the Audi when the tire finally let go.

The guys in my local tire place found the cause, I had picked up the end of a stanley carpet trimming balde some where on the A1. It had gone straight through and caused a slow puncture. I had checked the pressure before I left and they were all OK, how things can change in the space of 35 minutes.

Guest gzaerojon

halfords do a pretty good repair kit, not sure how big the patches go up to though :D

fook me!!!!!, did you find the bullet?

Thats not the first time I've heard of an F1 tyre thats exploded for no reason!

Alex B

The end of a Stanley kinfe blade is NOT a reason then? :rolleyes:

Phil, If you have another one like that I'll take em. Only replace in pairs. :D

It blew because, there was a puncture, with a car ro rigid and suspension so hard it is hard to feel the tire go down, I did notice a slight unfamiliar twitch coming out of the roundabout before it blew but nothing that worried me. It must have been flat and the inner wall got wrecked. The straps inside were the only thing held the main part of the tire to the wheel.

This will not stop me buying more F1's still think they are a very good tire.

I am feeling so lucky, buying extra lottery tickets tonight.

I was having fun with an RS6 on the A1, big leptons, out gunning him on every roundabout. I thought they were supposed to be quick.

Came out of one round about and the back felt a little loose:(, but nothing too serious. My phone rang but due to the wind, road and Hiper noise at WOT, I could not hear the caller on my bluetooth headset. So I slowed right down, as I did so the back felt loose again, then suddenly it was all over the place then the OS rear was bouncing up and down. I pulled into a farmers silp road, all I could see was a flat. Fortunately I was on my way to help some out so had loads of tools in back. Took the wheel off with a gun and could not believe what I saw or how lucky I was. Had it not been for the phone call I would still have been playing with the Audi when the tire finally let go.

The guys in my local tire place found the cause, I had picked up the end of a stanley carpet trimming balde some where on the A1. It had gone straight through and caused a slow puncture. I had checked the pressure before I left and they were all OK, how things can change in the space of 35 minutes.

Holy Crap.. You are one lucky dude..

No sell Lottery numbers for £5 a pop.. :)

Guest Alex B
The end of a Stanley kinfe blade is NOT a reason then? :rolleyes:

Phil, If you have another one like that I'll take em. Only replace in pairs. :D

Ah, didn't read that bit! :innocent:

I've heard of a GSD3 F1 blowing for no reason on a Skyline, and my mate ripped the tread off a GSD2 F1 on his Vectra estate going round a roundabout, so I just assumed the same had happened with this one, and skim read the posts! :taped:

Alex B