The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why?!?!?

Matt H

I’m pretty new to this site, but I’ve seen so many supras changing hands already! Whats that all about?!?! Why do people want to sell such amazing cars?!?!

I’m not talking about say an m reg with 5 million miles on the clock, I’m talking about low mileage excellent condition cars. What’s happening?!?

If your upgrading to a Lambo or ferrari then fair enough, the next stage up, but for most people, what is better than a surpa apart from an ultra car like a Lambo?!?!

I’m pretty new to this site, but I’ve seen so many supras changing hands already! Whats that all about?!?! Why do people want to sell such amazing cars?!?!

I’m not talking about say an m reg with 5 million miles on the clock, I’m talking about low mileage excellent condition cars. What’s happening?!?

If your upgrading to a Lambo or ferrari then fair enough, the next stage up, but for most people, what is better than a surpa apart from an ultra car like a Lambo?!?!

erm the obvious reasons:-

new kids

marriage

traveling

new job

divorce (maybe)

buying a supra and finding out they cant really afford it

new project

Guest chiefvinso

new kids

marriage

traveling

new job

divorce (maybe)

new project

You've had a lot one lately :D

i think changes in circumstances are the main reason - i don't think, now having owned a supra, that i would want another car - but things change i suppose...

i think too that as supras have come down in price - they are accessible to a lot more people - but not everyone realises how expensive it can be to run them - i go through petrol so quickly, but i love the car enough to pay the running costs

Company petrol card not covering the supra.... (Altho I'm not selling)

i think they would? as i used to be a manager in a safeways petrol station and they used to do it on there cards but give me the other reg plate, i mean it was no benifet to me at the end of the day so why not, no use being a twat about it and saying no mate has to be the car on the card

i think they would? as i used to be a manager in a safeways petrol station and they used to do it on there cards but give me the other reg plate, i mean it was no benifet to me at the end of the day so why not, no use being a twat about it and saying no mate has to be the car on the card

Just keep a spare front plate for the petrol garage ;)

I've upgraded to a Micra cos it's so much better.

Oh and the fact that I've now got a whacking great mortgage and only about £60 spare each month was a contributing factor!!

lol at your new avatar 54 hp :p

We aren't allowed to buy "premium fuels" with ours - no Optimax, Ultimate, Tesco 99, posh diesel etc :(

new kids

marriage

traveling

new job

divorce (maybe)

new project

Nope, none acceptable reasons!!

new kids (there two back seats!)

marriage (and?!?!) my girlfreind fits nicely in the passenger seat

traveling (keep the car in a garage for when you return)

new job (new job better pay!)

divorce (maybe) - Well i would defo be taking the supra with me!!

buying a supra and finding out they cant really afford it (shame on them - but suppose thats the only valid reason!)

new project (Why sell your supra for a lesser supra?)

Nope, none acceptable reasons!!

new kids (there two back seats!)

marriage (and?!?!) my girlfreind fits nicely in the passenger seat

traveling (keep the car in a garage for when you return)

new job (new job better pay!)

divorce (maybe) - Well i would defo be taking the supra with me!!

buying a supra and finding out they cant really afford it (shame on them - but suppose thats the only valid reason!)

new project (Why sell your supra for a lesser supra?)

ok one thing after reading that reply you for for got money

new kids cost loads fo money and i mean shit loads,

marriage can cost thousands

travelling any ideas how much a car costs to store?

new job might not have better money but less stress

divorce, if she wants it under law she will get it

new project a lot of people will sell on so that they can get back to building again

ok one thing after reading that reply you for for got money

new kids cost loads fo money and i mean shit loads,

marriage can cost thousands

travelling any ideas how much a car costs to store?

new job might not have better money but less stress

divorce, if she wants it under law she will get it

new project a lot of people will sell on so that they can get back to building again

Dude you need to chill, I think your find he was taking the proverbial, you have quite a argumentative streak in you dont you :read:

Fuel prices. The cost of running a Supra as a daily car.

The only way most people on here could possibly upgrade to a Lambo or Ferrari, and be able to afford the riduculous running costs is a lottery win.

Selling the Supra is just part of life.

I've had loads of cars in the past, which I now really wish that I'd kept, but at the time, they had to be sold to finance the new (to me!) car.

Most of us have a car for a while, get tempted by something else and sell it to by the "better" one. Sometimes its the right decision, sometimes not.

I've had my Supra 2 years and at this moment in time, I don't know of anything that I fancy that I could replace it with at sensible cost.

That's not saying that there aren't any cars around that "could" replace the Supra, just none I've seen that I'd prefer to own.

Saying that, if in my travels I spotted something that I just HAD to have, the Supra would have to go. Its unlikely ATM, but possible.

I never feel that I'm married to a car, I'll own it and enjoy it, and when I fancy a change, sell it and buy the new love of my life. Hell, I can even take it to the dealership while I'm looking around at cars to replace it.

You can't do that with a wife, well not if you fancy keeping your balls intact :rlol: