What made you buy a supra

brian73united

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had a gt four all kitted up and thought nothing could match the look of it, then along came nevs tought fuck that looks the b*llocks, i felt i had to have one,but thought only had the gt four 6 months so will leave it a year,but booked it for a service,and they had a supe on the forecourt, and the rest is history:d

I saw one in 1993 was only 17 and could not ever imagine owning one I thought tey looked awesome. Then when I was 21 I was driving past the local sportscar garage near to where I lived and went and had a look (out of interest) with no intention to buy. Fair play to the salesman he let me take the car out and we talked money and I could just about afford it. So I bought it ( a Black manual NA). Sadly I wrote it off lost my no claims and had to wait until I was back up to 4 years before I could afford insurance and had my TT ever since :)

Didnt think I could afford to maintain and keep a TVR on the road :)

Supra? The stand out looks and the roar of the 3 litre - what better car to drive along the sea front in - well actually, an aerotop perhaps.

Years ago I played the original need for speed it was called road and track and it had a supra in it, me and my mates would say can you imagine owning any of the cars on that game, the game had really good video showcases of all the cars along with the supra. Always wanted a super sports car that made jaws drop wherever it went. What can I say, I'm a materialistic showoff. So a supra purchase was inevitable. :)

My brother borrowed his mates black TT6 about 6 years ago and came over my way to let me have a play - nearly lost it booting out of the first roundabout, but the grin never faded :D

Saw one parked up where I work about 2 years ago and needed a brace to hold my jaw in place - it just looked classicly sexy and reminded me of the previous test drive.

I finally got the Boss' approval last year on the basis of not having a working cigarette lighter socket in my old beater of a Seat Ibiza :D (long story)

TT and Aerotop was the only way to go - now if I can just get that auto converted to manual 6 speed.... :ecstatic:

Guest chiefvinso

Dreamed about a supra since I was 18 and on returning from the states I got a rev3 MR2 Turbo and then found a supra. 10 years on and I have the car I always loved. Almost a year of ownership which I think will be the longest I have owned a car!

I was fed up with fwd hot hatches and after buying a new Civic Type R, I had to sell it to fund our first house so i bought a Uk T-bar MR2.

That starting giving me lots of trouble so needed a car fast, looked at a couple of sups, test drove one and i was hooked, more with the sound of the thing.

It doesn't just look fast - it sounds fast.

Swallowed brave pills and declined the TT(should have taken more pills) as i didn't really know what i was in for and i walked away with the Aero NA.

If I had room i'd keep mine and get a TT too.

Ever since I saw an artists impression in Autocar & Motor around 1992 I have wanted one.

When I came to replace my MR2T I tested four potential replacements- a TVR Chimaera 4.0, an E36 M3 Evo, a Lotus Esprit Turbo SE and my Supra GZ.

The other three shone in one or two areas but the Supra was a far superior car all over.