The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One thing after another

Class One

Well it failed the MOT today, and I was confident it would pass.

Headlamps slightly too low on dipped beam (easily sorted)

Petrol cap, unable to remove and then resecure. I don't know if others have this prob and if there's an easy cure, but sometimes when the tank is under 2/3 full and its been a warm day and the engines been running for a while, if I need to take the petrol cap off ( to refuel like!) I can't take it off. If the car is left for a few hours then I can. (Blocked vent perhaps? leading to vacuum buildup?)

Both my cats are in place and it FAILED on emissions. Why?

Because someone sold me a second hand cat back system, and i foolishly didn't check said goods after they were fitted, and it would appear that there are several holes from the section from the 2nd cat to the back box making it resemble a sieve. And its leaking around the collar. My own fault really on that score.

Other issues: time. Its running out for me, you, all of us....nope sorry off track, what I mean is it goes into the bodyshop on the 10th for 4 days then I've got the Dragonball on 20th leaving a small window of opportunity to get the bits rectified and get a mot what with work commitments and such like.

So TURBOFIT it would seem, will be my salvation on the 17th when it goes in for a new lease of life and Mot.

Now can anyone remember which screw it it to adjust dipped beam bulb and which way to turn it for up? :D

Sorry to hear of the problems Dug

May be also worth replacing your Oxygen sensor too, if it is worn out then it could also be the cause of the emissions failure. Mine is running so much more smoothly since fitting the new O2 sensor.

Good luck getting her sorted.

Lee, thanks for the offer, but i've got a Trial Racing Sport 3" cat back jobby, its just the pipework that needs replacing and I've got that one sorted.

It was because of the leaks/holes that it failed

Fast Idle

Lambda limit 0.97/1.03 actual 1.04

2nd fast idle limit 0.97/1.03 actual 1.10