The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost gauge connection

Rolec

You need to "T" off any pipe that connects to the intake manifold on the engine side of the throttle body. I'm assuming this is a mechanical gauge where you have a length of tubing running from the gauge to the engine bay.

HTH

J

if you look at the front of the car then thats the bonnet, lift that up and its under there somewhere...I got Leon to do mine, I also didnt fancy pushing the tubing through the bulkhead with a coat hanger.

Im sure JA will answer this properly, but Im pretty sure its tee'd off the pipework just behind the engine.

JB

I found  grommet - didnt see wallace though :cheesy:

Gave it a poke and it pushed through - could see the carpet, so i'm ok there....

I'm determined to do one job on the car myself - i'm on a roll now, having done the induction kit, and stereo, after this i'll be on full engine rebuilds - just hope its like my old beetle and only four bolts to get the thing out ( and one man to lift it :))

The MKIV article is probably your best bet. The intake manifold is the long rectangular ally thingy to the right of the engine as you were facing the front of the car. The throttle body is at the front (or nearest to you) and you need to find a pipe. There's one about half-way down to the left of the manifold close to the vacuum sensor. Which feeds all kinds of stuff like the fuel pressure regulator and the surge tank.

T-off at this point and run the pipe around the back of the engine alongside the brake pipes. Then, if you have an auto, you can send send the pipe through the grommet where your clutch master cylinder would normally be.... to the right and slightly down of the brake servo.

Best of luck!

Yours,

J