The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dask Kit Arrived - Problem tho :(

Matt H

(Relating to the dash kits available on Ebay from Kynu….)

My dash kit arrived yesterday, however, when testing the pieces against where they should go, the two main parts (the centre console with the heater buttons / cd player etc section and the section that goes around the speedo / rev counter etc) don’t fit properly, and its not like there only just out, there is no way I could get them on :( . Furthermore, the centre console has three slits in for the small vent which looks really burnt. I was also really disappointed with the thickness of the pieces two. I was hoping for a thin film at most but what you get is like almost a centre metre thick, making it stick out and look like what it is; a stick on dash kit, instead of it looking like the dash was manufactured that way!

I bought the kit from Kynu like a lot of people on here have done from what I have gathered. I was wondering if any other people have had a similar problem?

I’m half tempted to send the thing back cos for a £105 I was expecting something that at least fitted!

I presume like most people, a bit of cutting will be required to accommodate the fog light switch I have installed.. Was wondering how you went about this, is it o.k. to cut into the pieces?? Did you use a Stanley knife or a scalpel?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Its the Brushed Aluminium look. I would get a dash spray but you carnt get a spray paint to look like Brushed Aluminium! Thats the only thing holding me back!

I havent taken any pics cos i havent attached the kit yet, just placed them on and they were well out!

Its the Brushed Aluminium look. I would get a dash spray but you carnt get a spray paint to look like Brushed Aluminium! Thats the only thing holding me back!

Just use a brush to paint it silver :D

Yeah - you look at the ashtray stick on bit and it just doesn't work with the rest around it - if the dash were sprayed or came like that it would all blend together - plus the upper dash panel wouldn't have been left black. Soryy mate but I think that looks cheap and nasty (despite the cost! coz its cheaper to do it yourself!).