The mkiv Supra Owners Club

scam or not

zabe_1

ive asked him now, wont be bidding on it otherwise though, looking at his feedback doesnt look like he's sold anything valuable before,

yea did think the add looked genuine as well though, but you can never be sure, ill ask him and hopefully he'll be up for cash on collection, if he is, dangerous brain i owe u one big time :)

Just noticed payment method... personal cheque... I know it seems really silly, but would anybody really be silly enough to scam someone using their real name...

I suppose identity theft is possible, to go through all that work for £200, doesn't really make much sense...

yea ur right mate, i think im going to buy it, i was just over reacting i think, ur right about the personal name side of things, not worth it for £200, should be ok, hopefulyl he'll do cash on collection, but i think even throught cheque i should be ok as ill be coevred through ebay for some of the outlay also.

im a bit of an impluse buyer, lets hope i made the right choice here :)

• 1 month later...

ok guys what a pain in the ass this has turned out to be, nothing wrong with dangerous brains side of things, dont worry

right well when i got the unit, the wiring at the back, well the power wire was completely messed up and loose, hence it wouldnt power up, took it to the audio shop and the only solution was to order a new headunit lead from alpine for £30. Anway got that and my friend who does systems and myself, got everything sorted, and put it in the car and it powered up, i was very happy. However this is the worst bit. When it came to playing cd's, wherther they were original ones, or copies, all normal cd.s even a new nav dvd i have, none of them worked. just says error. Im really annoyed.

Also the remote turn on for the amps, it doesnt turn the amps on, my friend tested this, by testing the ground and power which were fine, it was jus tthe remote turn on, so that doesnt work either. Only thing that does work is the flipping radio.

Now the guy when ia sked about the headunit problem said he'd send me a cheque for £30, however i still havnt recieved this. IBeen waiting since last Monday. think he is tyring to buy time before the 60day period ebay have to make a complaint.

ANy advice on what i can do guys, this unit has cost me a bomb now, really wish i bought something proper now :(

im ogin to phone the guy tom but i think im going ot have to go thru the whole claims process, and as it was bouight by cash dont think id be covered for much.

ANy advice appreciated guys

Now the guy when ia sked about the headunit problem said he'd send me a cheque for £30, however i still havnt recieved this. IBeen waiting since last Monday. think he is tyring to buy time before the 60day period ebay have to make a complaint.
60 days to complain to whom?

I live in Waterlooville, I'll go round there if you like.

Why is your eBay feedback private?

haha my mates wanted to know how much i bought something for a while back and i didnt want them to find out, completely forgot to change it back, but be a good idea to do so, but yea ebay does seem dodgy, going to give the guy a call tom, i got his addresss, home and mobile no's so it shall be interetsing ot see his response...just reeally annoying,

ahd everythign ready to go today, then the bloody headunit messed things up, juist hope i can recoup some of the money :(

• 2 weeks later...

yea ur right mate, nothign happenin so far man, got both his mobile numbers and address!

the remote out is completely fudged, had to buy a new headunit to sort my system out in the end which works, so im over 200 down now. not happy...

ill see what happens over the next few days but think unlikely for anything thru ebay, might have to go down myself and get my money like that.

bit of a trek tho lol