The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which injector cleaner?

Getrag

Im gonna get some of this stuff on the way home from work and I just want to make sure I get the correct stuff and that Im not putting anything "chav" in my car.

Ive heard the STP, Silver bottle is good? What other name does this have so I can identify it?

And does it really work or is it just :chav:

Guest chiefvinso

I've used slick 50 injector cleaner, dont really know how you can test unless injectors are really dirty. I used silkolene fuel treatment in my GT4 and I noticed a difference but you have to order that stuff I would have thought.

• 2 years later...

According to wikipedia quote -Toluene also poses similar problems as alcohol fuels, as it eats through standard rubber fuel lines and has no lubricating properties as standard gasoline does, which can break down fuel pumps and cause upper cylinder bore wear.

Err no thanks.

According to wikipedia quote -Toluene also poses similar problems as alcohol fuels, as it eats through standard rubber fuel lines and has no lubricating properties as standard gasoline does, which can break down fuel pumps and cause upper cylinder bore wear.

Err no thanks.

Way to bring back a 3 year old thread :D

• 1 month later...

Err no thanks.

You don't use it neat!!! It's safe in the right quantities. Do more research before commenting. ;) :p

10% mix should be ok.