The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back shocks 'damp'..

Mike

Just had my car in for a service and two new tyres... :)

They did their million point check and all is fine apart from one of my rear shock is 'damp' and the other one is 'wet'.. and therefore need replacing... :(

Has anyone else had this?

I had noticed the car felt a bit 'looser' at the back, but then I think maybe I'm driving it harder than I did when I first got it? and wear on the rear tyres, wet road etc.

I'm wondering how long I've got before I need to spend the cash and get them done.. and what the consequences are if they do 'go'.... :blink:

The guy in the garage said it will wallow about at the back and be a bit of a pig to drive.... but it was like 'how long is a piece of string? they could go in two days/weeks/months... :(

Any advice?

Guest chiefvinso

If they are weeping it is best to get them sorted asap, but that me just being over cautious. You will be able to feel it so you should be able to make a decision on when to resolve it. As for consequences, well thats dependent on what you are doing (speed, braking, cornering). I'd get them sorted.

• 5 weeks later...

OK Update: :)

Just got the car back... rear shocks done and it feels so much better.. had the steering wheel straighted and the sub frame tightened... car feels like it's on rails now... woot! :D

Chased an Elise home round some twistys... very nice action.. :cool:

So that's all the 'essentials' done.... on with the cosmetics... new wheels and then...? :eyebrows: