The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice needed

monkey76364

As you all know I have just had my car repaired and re-sprayed, and as some of you may be a ware I have had a few issues with the job that has been done, Skirts not sprayed properly, runs in the paint, patches missed and not lacquered.

Now I called them to sort it out the very next day I got the car back as i had had a good look round it by then and took pictures of the problems. Since then (2 1/2 weeks), the problems are still there. After trying to call and sort it all i got was verbal abuse and the threat of "im going to come and give you a good hiding", and my car to be impounded (as if) not that that worries me but I still have a car that is not finished.

I have stopped the money from the insurance of around £1200 but they have still had about £700 cash off me. They now want me to take the car back but i feel that i don't want really want to go there after all the threats and im not sure i trust them not to do any thing to the car ect.

Where do I stand what would happen if i was to get some one else to help and sort out the problems and then tried to pas them the bill ???

Any ideas ????

Guest chiefvinso

Doesnt sound like you had good after care customer service there. I would see if your insurance company would allow you to take it elsewhere and go and bust the guys teeth for abusing you.

County court. Make a note of dates and times, the threats you got, the runs in the paint etc (lots of photos), how you have no confidence in their work or the safety of you and the car if you went back there, and claim back the money you spent with them and the cost to put right :thumbs: Get quotes off other bodyshops to sort it and include that in your case notes. You'll have to pay for the work to be done in the meantime, include the final bill as well, as the wheels of justice turn very slowly. But you should get some recompense and it's only £80 to kick off the case.

A CC judgement against them will make their life a little harder too, bonus.

-Ian

I take this is work that your having done and claiming off your own insurance ? Personally I had a simliar issue with a garage recently, someone left a scrape down the side of my car and I had to get it repaired off my own insurance, but the garage couldnt match the paint work correctly and after getting the Supe home realised the two paints where way out. I to then wasnt over confident about the car going back but they have to be given the right to correct the problem first, but unlike your situation everyone in mine was cival to each other and just wanted to solve the problem.

If it is through your insurance I would detail to them all the issues you have with the car, and then explain due to aggressive/abussive behaviour on their part, you would not feel at all confident about your car going back to be rectified, something which shouldnt have been an issue in the first place if maybe they were more compentant at what they do ;) I would request the car now be moved to a garage of your choice if this garage that was used as the insurance approved garage.........due to fear of malicious or plain vendictive behaviour against your car.

Bit hard to say though mate as I dont fully know your in's and out's, ooeeerrrrr :D

County court. Make a note of dates and times, the threats you got, the runs in the paint etc (lots of photos), how you have no confidence in their work or the safety of you and the car if you went back there, and claim back the money you spent with them and the cost to put right :thumbs: Get quotes off other bodyshops to sort it and include that in your case notes. You'll have to pay for the work to be done in the meantime, include the final bill as well, as the wheels of justice turn very slowly. But you should get some recompense and it's only £80 to kick off the case.

A CC judgement against them will make their life a little harder too, bonus.

-Ian

:yeahthat:

The problem is the insurance have been quoted for the repiar work, and thats done and seems ok, i have paid for the rest of the work, respray ect. so to say to the insurance that the job hasnt been done right wont work, as far as i can tell !! this is more a problem of me and them.