The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Doh! Run out of time and money!

Pig

Its been a long old hall getting my car sorted! My cut off point has been to have it finished to the french trip.

Its turns out this will be the case but not PROPERLY done.

I am going to MAP for probably about 1.2 bar (max) the reason for this is that the Valve Stem Oil Seal and auto box fluid (all of it) need replacing ASAP.

I could just about afford to do this but with everything coming off i know it going to open up a can of worms and cost me more. Also i would want to change the injectors and cams at the same time.

I have been VERY dissappointed with my car after the single upgrade due to LOADS of lag and running probably slower than a stock supra! (now know this as its been driven for me by one of the tuners on here)

The next question is, which injectors and cams to go for when i do get the work done! Prob 6 months down the line!

Or do i just go for cleaning my 550cc and stay with uk cams??

i know exactly how you feel. ive run out of time and getting short on cash too. so you wont be the only one with a poorly set up single on the france trip. it wouldnt be too bad but as soon as i get back from france im back off to fuerteventura for two weeks as well so need money here there and everywhere at the moment. :) you should be fairly safe on 550's and UK cams i'd have thought

Im pleased that it will be running nicely. e.g. not like it is at the moment.

There comes a point where things are getting too risky though. I would have gone with pushing it to the max but thankfully have been advised not to as it would have probably ended in tears!

In case anyone is wondering, i am extremely grateful to have this car let alone with the all the goodies on. So TBH im not that disappointed!

Infact im not at all....bring on the dragonball! :D

No worries about the hijak, im not 100% on james car! Whats the whole setup going to be??

Im checking on the car again tomorrow. Should have the rebuild finished in the next couple of days. Then it's turned over before the single goes on which shouldn't take too long. I did my twin fuel pumps the other day. EManage, Fields Harness and AFR gauge im putting in place tomorrow.

Because of the stock autobox i am keeping her at around 500rwhp for now, but then who knows :D Some of the US cars have proven they can run the T66 at 710, but 650rwhp will do me on the auto for now i guess :D

I have a prob as well in so much as I had my car booked in for bodywork and it won't be ready in time. So I've had to re book it and go with a wounded car! :(

Edit : Just this second had a call from the Bodyshop (Thanks Lewis for putting me in touch) they CAN now do it, it goes in on the 10th for some well needed TLC so should be all spick and span now for the Dragonball.

I have been VERY dissappointed with my car after the single upgrade due to LOADS of lag and running probably slower than a stock supra! (now know this as its been driven for me by one of the tuners on here)

LOL, so who was the tuner then? - Bear in mind the car's got far more potential now than it could ever have with the stock twins.

The next question is, which injectors and cams to go for when i do get the work done! Prob 6 months down the line!

Or do i just go for cleaning my 550cc and stay with uk cams??

I's suggest 650's for a T61. Mild high lift cams and raise the rev limit slightly. :)

Jon, you're the first person to slap a EMU onto a singled UK (MAF based) supra...there will be niggles.

I'm surprised you've got lag issue's though...I mean you did understand that it would drive like a stocker didn't you?

Its not driving properly because its on the stock ecu! The tubbie isnt kicking in till about 4k. Ill let you have a drive of it on sat matt. You will see what i mean then! It will be sorted when the EMU is on. Just dont want to max it now cause the valve stem oil seals are so fucked!

John , you have to spend the money to reep the benefits matey... i take it ypur only running low boost because of your fuelling and therefore the single wont run at its full potential.

My T61 is running perfectly and i had a little play withn Jamie p the otherday and despite my T61 being smaller than his 88, i still gave him a good run for his money,

get your fuelling and cams done and you will be more than happy with the set up