The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Circuit Racing Supra's ?

Gerry

We go to Castle Combe a few times a year and sometimes Thruxton to watch

the racing there.

On a usual meet there's a "same model" race or two, porshe, mini & TVR yesterday, and then "specials" / saloons etc, I've seen most makes of car, old and new but never as far as I can remember a Supra !

I know they are not ideal for small tracks but wonder if anybody races them ?

Mallory, Pembury (or is it Penbury) etc.

Would be good to go and watch one doing well.

Anybody know ???

Can't remember, although both circuits are in deep shit due to dipshit residence complaining about the noise. Anyone that thick to move next door to a race track then bitch about the noise clearly does not have the brains to survive life.

that is true its a shame as they are the only 2 near me, I heard that the new TVR's wernt aloud to race at castle combe because the exhausts face to the out side of the circet

Well they were simply far too loud anyway. They never had a hope.

ive looked at the f3 and gt meeting calender and they dont seem to be a combe this year........ why the fook not its by far the best track for spectators.. such a shame.

:(

hope to see them at silverstone and donnington this year. may travel further if the sup races:d

I think Thruxton is one of the better circuits in the country, we should arrange a supra day there...

Isn't it one of the fastest tracks? Certainly felt fast in a single seater!

yes i tnink its the fastest. combe was untill they added the stupid chicanes

A club organised track day would be cool... and partially paid for too :D

Brands Hatch would be a good venue, anywhere thats not totally flat is cool with me :)

brans is superb but miles from most............. central is better...thats not cos iam in the middle...:sly: :blink:

Guest Terry S
A club organised track day would be cool... and partially paid for too :D

Brands Hatch would be a good venue, anywhere thats not totally flat is cool with me :)

Absolutely, need to check the noise regs though as its getting harder all the time. They run the occassional full track at Brunters. This may also be a bit fairier for al club members

Absolutely, need to check the noise regs though as its getting harder all the time.

Thats ok, give me a chance to finally use that baffle I paid extra for :blink:

Brands is off the M25 , so its easy-ish to find I guess, I think people would be willing to travel for a decent venue, even more so if they were actually interested in tracking their car.

Bedford Autodrome would be a good location for newbies to go as its a nice flat well maintained circuit with a fair bit of run-off, but they've had problems with noise before, so people would have to get that sorted. Plus its only down the road from Santa Pod and most people seem to be able to attend that location :)

Brands is awesome to drive - dropping down to the right at Paddock on WOT is better than a rollercoaster!

Sounds great, I loved the couple of drops at the Ring, the Fuchsrohre section and Pflanzgarten in particular, hitting the first at 120ish then having your guts pushed into your mouth is a great feeling :D

Sounds great, I loved the couple of drops at the Ring, the Fuchsrohre section and Pflanzgarten in particular, hitting the first at 120ish then having your guts pushed into your mouth is a great feeling :D

i come down to brands... using full track.. pilgrims drop at 150..........ahhhhhhhhh

Brunters are really strict about noise as they are on their 'last chance' by the council because some retarded neighbours moved in a few years ago and started complaining about the noise. They get 14 noisy days a year. 2 of which Mclaren use for high speed testing, Big Thunder (a Brunters corperate day) uses another three, and another three for airshows, so they are running out of noisy days.

Thruxton, Goodwood, CastleCombe and soon Brands Hatch have 97db static limits with an 87db drive by limit, so that's pretty much everyone on this board screwed. Bedford sounds great, mainly due to low stonechips and lots of run-off. Again a noise limit is in place, but iirc it's 101db static.

Guest Terry S

Get a baffle. If you have heard a BL at full chat you will know they are fecking loud. The static on mine when tested Sunday with the baffle was 93 @ 4k. OK so you lose a bit of power, but at least you can run.